Indiana Jones - 16

Annabelle's POV

People were coming to Elizabeth's manor today, or her father's manor, as I had been told. I don't know who these people are, but I have heard from Franklin that they are with us and are ready to fight.

I know now their plan and that they plan to overthrow the king. Overthrowing Jace's father would be the first step in setting the course of freedom. Elizabeth believes there should be no vampire king, but no werewolf king either. There should be a council of elected officials

This was the same way that many democracies worked in the human times – and we saw how that ended – but there will be trials this time. Trials to see if they are fit to serve on the council and to make the right decisions. If in 1000 years this needs to be changed again it will be, but for now this is the best option. That is what Elizabeth says anyway.

I was slightly nervous about having many people around in the manor. Growing up, I didn't know many people, except my neighbours and my family, it was a small community, and I had only just gotten used to being around new people, adding more might throw me off again. However, I plan to be strong, and thanks to the people around me, I think I will be able to be.

We still had a few hours before everyone showed up and we had finished the preliminary planning for the meeting, so Rose suggested we watch a movie to kill the time.

"I never really got into movies but I'd be happy to watch one if everyone else is," said Jace, staring at the collection of movies that Elizabeth had.

"What do you mean you never got 'into' movies? That is so pretentious," said Rose staring at Jace with her mouth hanging open.

"Hey, I know you're not 'scared of me' anymore but you don't have to be mean," said Jace while fake pouting. I giggled, he had become such a goofy softy.

"Movies were the only thing that kept me sane after... everything," said Rose, smiling sadly, "but I never watched the new ones, I really like the old ones, from when humans ran the movie industry."

"I will say, the new ones are why I never really watched. Hollywood as the human's called it, has really been lacking. Watching the old ones in the castle was looked down on, unless it was a cartoon, which I grew out of." Explained Jace. I blushed, remembering the time he gave me cartoons to watch, does he really think of me that young? I think Jace noticed my slight embarrassment because he came to stand behind and put a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Well I like cartoons," said Rose, smiling at me.

"I do too," I said shyly, "but to be fair I've never seen a movie that wasn't a cartoon, at least not one made by Hollywood."

"Well then I think we should all expand our horizons a bit" said Flynn, reaching for a dusty looking movie. "Indiana Jones, how do we all feel about that?"

"Put it on! I LOVE this movie, Indiana is SO dreamy," said Rose swooning and flopping on the couch. Flynn looked slightly grumpy about putting on the movie after that but decided not to argue and in minutes we were all curled up on the large couch watching the movie.

About halfway through the movie I was wrapped up in the world of Indiana Jones when Elizabeth walked in and paused the movie. Silencing our quick protests with a look, Elizabeth explained that all of us need to eat before the guests arrived.

"Can we finish watching the movie while we eat?" I asked, and Elizabeth smiled warmly at me.

"Yes of course, but the boys need some blood before our guests come, I don't want them getting antsy with our guests."

"Why do you think we can't control ourselves?" asked Jace.

"Well I believe you can control yourselves around shifters and werewolves, but when's the last time you were around humans?" asked Elizabeth.

Quickly, Jace and Flynn shot out of the room. I was very confused, "where are they going?" I asked to no one in particular.

"They now understand they need their blood, and lots of it. Humans have a different smell to vampires than shifters and werewolves, while a were and shifter's blood can be at times, hard to resist, a human's blood smells almost irresistible, especially to a hungry vampire." Explained Elizabeth.

"I know I joke about Flynn being an old man, but they are also really young for vampires, it would be worse for them," said Rose.

Elizabeth smiled at Rose, "you sure know a fair bit young wolf."

"I had a human friend when I was young."

Elizabeth smiled sadly, understanding where Roses knowledge was coming from, "I'm sorry my dear. Now why don't we get you two fed as well? How does a fruit and cheese plate sound? You can eat it while you finish your movie."

Rose and I both nodded and moved off the couch to follow Elizabeth. Sensing Rose's sadness after speaking of her friend I leaned against her and took her hand as we walked. I know I am not a pack to her but I will do what I can to make her comfortable, and I know physical touch calms wolves, when its done by those they trust. I could feel Rose releasing her tension by the time when we got to the kitchen.

Rose smiled at me knowingly and we sat at the counter while the chef prepared us our food. I looked at around the kitchen, I hope one day I get to see Paval again. He really was the best part about that castle, well, other than Jace.

Speaking of the prince, he walked in the kitchen with Flynn, both a large glass in their hand.

"Woah, that's a big glass," I said.

He chuckled, "it's my second one."

At that, Franklin walked into the kitchen, "they're here."

"Well sorry kids, it looks like you're going to have to finish your movie some other time. Girls, eat your food and then join us in the meeting room. Jace and Flynn please come with me." 

.......

lol 3 months later

hi

<3

Comment, Like, Follow

Kayla