Number One - 6

Annabelle's POV

It had been a few days since the party, since everything happened.

I had woke up that next morning and Jace wasn't there, he hasn't been around much actually. Like before, he disappears all day and all night. I asked one of the maids that had come to bring me food and she said he hadn't been in the castle, but she was sure he'd was fine, apparently members of the royal family disappear sometimes. They have other homes, family, and issues to tend to, so I shouldn't worry. I tried to explain to her I wasn't worried about him, I was just curious, but she didn't seem to believe me, so I just shrugged it off.

So once again I spent my days watching old cartoons. There is a whole library of the Disney ones on the TV and Jace says I can watch as many as I would like. Bambi is still my favourite but I also really like Dumbo. Those two both make me cry when their mothers get taken away from them, but I almost feel like I can relate to these animals on the screen. Their stories are so sad, but yet, they persevere through all of it, even though they are both only babies. 

Of course, they both have friends to help them. Something that I don't really have, unless you count Jace. At this point though, I don't. 

I woke up this morning feeling more refreshed than I had in days. I could feel my arm was completely healed, and although I had taken off the wrap yesterday, I was too afraid to shift. Maybe today it was well enough for me to shift! That would be wonderful, I haven't shifted in so long, my animal instincts were starting to stir inside. I decided I might as well try shifting.

I gradually got out of bed, testing myself and making sure it still wasn't too sore. I seemed to be okay so I swiftly stripped off my clothing, so I wouldn't shred anything while I was shifting.  I don't want to anger anyone in the castle.

Let's start off small, let's try for a small arctic fox.

I closed my eyes and let my instincts take over. I felt my bones changing within my body and in a few moments I was on all fours sporting a fluffy tail and sharp eyes, letting me take the world from a different view. I tested my legs, and they all seemed to work just fine, even the one that was injured before. Happily, I wagged my tail.

Now for something a little bigger. My body expanded, my shoulders hunched over, and I was standing tall as a grizzly bear. This was one of my favourite forms because being a bear made me feel so large and powerful, in charge. But that still didn't prepare me for what happened next.

"Whoa."

I spun around, well more like thumped around since I was still in my bulky bear form. It was Jace, standing in the doorway with wide eyes. How long had he been there? Oh god I hoped he at least got here after I was in the fox form, I don't think I could stand the embarrassment if he saw my naked butt.

My safest option right now was to hide, so I changed into my favourite gray cat and ran under the bed, all in a matter of seconds.

I heard Jace chuckle, "Well hello to you too, Kitten. Come on out, I promise I don't bite... well I do bite, but I promise I won't bite you right now if you come out."

'Right Now?' I bet he was hoping I didn't catch that. But he did seem like he was in a good mood so I decided to come out anyways. I slowly popped my little head out from under the bed.

"Well now doesn't this seem like de ja vu?"

-----

EDITED

EDITED

Sorry it's short

Vote

Comment

Share

-----

K<3