Wild Sun - 5.2

Annabelles POV

I could feel Jace carrying me down the hall and I felt limp in his arms. I was terrified and I felt violated. Why would Jace ever give me a collar that would enable me from defending myself? If he cared at all he wouldn't do that do me, but at this point, I clung to him like my life depended on it. He was the only person I feel slightly safe around at this moment. But I am also scared, I don't want Jace to hurt me in any way, physically or emotionally. Though I know the only way he can hurt me emotionally is if I become attached, and my weak mental and physical state might start depending on him. I can't let him in.

I welcomed the darkness that I soon slipped into.

A bright light woke me from my slumber. Confusion hit me. Was I still in that room? What was going on? I lifted my head and everything started spinning, I feel like I have a stress headache. I mewed unhappily and laid my head back on the pillow. As soon as the noise left my throat, though, a very worried Jace came running from the bathroom.

"Hey Kitten" I hear Jace say as he strokes my hair the same way he would if I was in my cat form. "It'll be okay, I promise, I will never let that man near you again" blubbers Jace, with a guilty nervous tone. His words, although they were meant to be comforting, did not comfort me at all. Nothing will ever be okay again, strange men are around me at every turn, and my family is gone, and even if they didn't treat me properly, I know they still loved me. I know it, and now they can never show it again, they don't even have a chance.

Jace felt my forehead and winced. I looked up at him confused and felt my own forehead. Jeez it was burning hot. Crap thing about not being a vampire is you can still get sick. Witches, shifters, werewolves, fairies, we can all still get sick. Stupid vampires

"Lets get you in the bath Kitten, your heating up and the cool water might help you sleep better." 

I nodded and let Jace pick me up. He lifted me by under my knees and across my shoulder blades. I cringed at the contact since I am still in my underwear and bra, but at least he was being careful with my arm. Jace reaches the bathroom in record speed and gently places me in the tub. The water feels nice against my hot skin. 

"Jace?" I ask softly. Jace looks down at my face covered in tears.

"Yes Kitten?" He says while wiping my face with a tissue that he grabbed from the counter.

"Can you please take off the collar?"

"Oh yes, I totally forgot about it," he says while removing it quickly. It strangely makes me feel more exposed, but I am in too tired to be modest.

Jace's POV

I look done at her, laying in the tub with her eyes closed and I feel sick to my stomach. She hasn't even been here a week and her life is already worse off. 

I usually don't care about anything, especially shifters, but ever since I found her under my bed, she has tugged on my heart strings in a way I have never felt before. 

Seeing her sitting there in the tub, so tiny, so vulnerable, with a broken arm and a broken heart, breaks my heart too. I don't understand why Markus would do that, if Ashley set him on her or he just decided she was ripe for the picking. Ether way, they'll both be gone by morning and I won't have to deal with them until... well the next time they show up unannounced, as Ashley tends to do, bringing that horrible little brother with her. 

I head in to the bedroom for a few minutes to collect my thoughts, and then head back into the bathroom with a fresh change of clothes for Annabelle. Well actually a pair of my boxers and a t-shirt. I'll get her, her own things soon enough, these will have to work for now. She is still lying there with her eyes closed. 

"Hey Kitten, I think you should probably get out now, I'll leave these clothes here for you and here is a towel to dry off. I'll wait for you in the bedroom." 

I leave before she says anything but a moment later I can hear her getting out of the bath and drying off. A few minutes later, a tired looking Annabelle emerges from the bathroom and climbs up onto the bed. 

I expect her to stay as far away from me as possible but she quickly crawls under the covers and moves over to me. I smile and wrap my arms around her as she curls up into my chest. It doesn't take long for soft sobbing to start, and I rub her back, doing my best to comfort her.

Soon the sobbing subsides I hope she sleeps okay. Right before I am sure she is asleep, I hear a soft murmur coming from my arms, only two single words, but they makes my still heart swell.

"Thank you"

------------------------------
Photo: Annabelle

------------------------------Photo: Annabelle

-------------

EDITED

Vote

Comment

Tell your friends!!!!

- K :)