Chapter 3

Madison P.O.V:

"So, that's how my first day went," I recounted every detail to Sash, starting from the moment I stepped into the office. Sash listened keenly, a wide smile never leaving her face.

"M, I can bet my life on it! I have such good vibes about you two..." Sash began, but I cut her off.

"Sash, please, just stop. There's nothing like that. Whatever you assume, nothing will happen," I said firmly.

"Let's see. I'm sure of it. You two will be the best couple on earth," she teased. Later, as we settled in to watch a scary movie, I found myself clutching a pillow to my face in fear.

"OMG!! What a stupid movie... I'm not going to sleep tonight," I exclaimed, feeling genuinely spooked.

"M, we need to go out and get some milk and groceries," Sash called from the kitchen.

"No, I don't want to leave the house. I'm scared," I protested.

"Okay, then I will..." she began, but before she could finish, I changed my mind.

"No, wait, I'm coming," I relented, not wanting to be alone. We hurriedly gathered our things and headed out.

We go get all the stuff needed for the entire week and then walk back to home.

As we walked, I couldn't shake the feeling of being followed.

"Sash, don't you think some guy is following us?" I whispered nervously. She glanced back and gasped, her eyes widening in surprise.

"OMG, M, you won't believe who's behind us," she exclaimed, a grin spreading across her face.

I turned to look and saw Ben. I didn't know what to do. My mind raced with thoughts.

"M, he has something in his hand... some sharp tools," Sash whispered, her voice tinged with panic.

"Calm down, maybe he has some nearby work," I reassured her, trying to stay composed.

"We're going to turn left soon, and if he follows, then he's definitely following you," she observed, a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

"Okay," I agreed, feeling a mix of nervousness and curiosity.

We turned left, and I quickened my pace, relieved when Ben didn't follow us. But then, to my horror, Sash announced that he was right behind us.

"That's enough. Do you think I'm scared of him?" I declared, feeling a rush of courage. I turned around and marched towards him. 

"Enough! What do you think of yourself? Do you think you can scare me?" I confronted him, my heart pounding in my chest.

Before I could finish, he silenced me with his hand over my mouth.

My heart skipped a beat as I gazed into his dark, mesmerizing eyes, feeling a strange pull towards him. He was so close, I could feel his warm breath against my skin.

"Will you just shut up for once? Seriously, why do you assume everything? Did you really think I would kidnap you just because you called me an idiot?" he admonished, his voice gentle yet firm.

I was speechless, lost in his gaze, feeling a connection I couldn't explain.

He removed his hand, and I struggled to compose myself. "Oh, I am..." I began, but he interrupted me.

"Just enough. You've talked too much for today. Bye, Ms. Keller," he said, walking away.

Sash and I returned home in silence, my mind reeling from the encounter.