Chapter 4

Ben Williams' P.O.V:

I walked out of the quarter, my mind preoccupied with thoughts of finding Madison among the crowd of girls.

"Ben, are you alright? You seem lost," a voice interrupted my thoughts. I turned around to see Madison standing there.

"I'm fine. Why didn't you go home? It's already 6:00," I asked her.

"Yeah, actually my friend Sasha has some work to do. She works in the quarter opposite ours. We usually go home together, so I was waiting for her," she explained.

"Madison, you should have come up to my cabin instead of waiting here for an hour," I suggested.

"Ben, thanks, but I just came here," she replied.

"Were you in the cafeteria?" I inquired.

"No, actually, I had the best time. I was in..." Before she could finish, another girl called out to her.

"Ben, I've got to go. See you," she said, flashing a smile before walking away.

"Bye, Madison. See you tomorrow," I called after her, waving.

I reached home and found Blake in my room, playing Xbox.

"Dude, come on, let's play. It's been ages since we played together," Blake said, trying to cheer me up.

"Blake, I don't want to," I replied, my tone low.

"Ben, is everything okay?" he asked, concern evident in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm alright," I assured him.

"Dude, I've known you since childhood. Tell me what happened. You don't look fine," he insisted.

I sighed and told him everything that had happened.

"Oh my God! Let me check you properly," Blake said, turning me around.

"Blake, what are you doing?" I asked, annoyed.

"You're my friend, right? I've never seen you talk about a girl like this in my entire life. And look at your face! God, I really want to know who this amazing girl is who's had such an effect on my friend," he said, smiling.

"I didn't even see her face, man. But her voice, her music, her... magic. I can still feel it," I confessed, feeling oddly vulnerable.

I knew it sounded strange, but I couldn't deny the impact she had on me. What was wrong with me?

Madison's P.O.V:

"Hello, Mommy," I greeted my mom over the phone.

"Honey, how are you?" she asked, her voice filled with concern.

"Mom, I'm fine. How are you? How's dad? How's my baby girl?" I asked.

"We're all fine. Are you eating well? How's life there?" she inquired.

"Mom, I'm not skipping meals, don't worry. Sash is taking good care of me, and Boston is really beautiful. I love everything here," I reassured her.

After chatting with my mom, I spoke to my dad and Aria.

"Bye, guys. I miss you all so much. I love you," I said.

"Bye, honey. We miss you too. We all love you," they replied, their words warming my heart.

The next two days flew by quickly. We woke up, rushed to the office, worked all day, and then returned home.

Sash and I watched a movie, and then I talked to my family before having dinner and going to bed.