❤ Chapter 7

I keep sitting at a restaurant alone.

I didn't even think yesterday that I could lose my job today.

I sigh as I look at the payment even though it's just the middle of this month.

I am really helpless now as I have lost my part time job so suddenly.

Suddenly my boss stops his businesses in the middle. And he also apologised for that. I sigh and take a sip of the americano.

It's when my phone beeps.

"Miss Gremoey,
Our president liked your performance from yesterday so much and he's willing to meet you.

And we're willing to give you a post in our office. If you want to join, please assure your presence meeting our president."

-
Jake Park
Executive Officer
Bartholy Corporation."

Is it dream? It's a job offer and Mr. Bartholy himself wants me?

"Please visit the salon from yesterday. Mr. Bartholy has his own style." While I'm spacing out, another message appears.

Should I consider this as a  miracle?? It's a great opportunity. It's also a chance to thank him.

_______

"Is this appropriate dress to wear in office?" I say hesitating.

"This is Mr. Bartholy's style. What can I do?" The girl of beauty salon from yesterday says.

 What can I do?" The girl of beauty salon from yesterday says

I look at my dress in the mirror.
fabulous heel, expensive perfume, black mini pencil skirt and white plain bowknot ruffled blouse, statement golden dangling necklace.

"Can't give me something to cover my shoulders?" She hands me a blazer and murmurs -

"Nevertheless you'll have to take this off."

I sigh.

I prefer to wear comfortable dress in workplace. But if I have to wear this kinds of clothing everyday then I will end up resigning.

No... No. No. Not now. If you lose this job. You'll lose everything. I need this job so bad.

_______

"May I come in?" I ask peeping inside the huge office room.

"Yeah, sure." A male voice replies.

I've got essential papers from the executive officer, Mr Park. He has a pretty good behavior. I hope Mr. Bartholy is good too.

I close the door behind me. The first thing I notice is the four ladies from yesterday sitting on a couch placed at a corner of the huge room. I can recognize them properly.

I look at the man in front of the desk. Leaning over it, a elbow on the desk, reading something attentively.

What are those ladies doing here?

When I take a step the man speaks out.

"Take your leaves ladies..." He says and they look at him surprisingly and then at me.

They let out a sigh of frustration and leave the room instantly.

"Good noon, sir. I'm the pianist from yesterday." I say while approaching to him.

"Hope you'll be obedient and listen to my every single word." I find the voice so familiar.

I take a step backwards when I meet those lavender eyes.

"W-what are you doing here?" I ask.

He walks towards me trowing the file on his desk and says,

"You're asking me that? Whom you expect to be here when I'm the owner of the company."

"Don't tell me you're ........" I remember that happened last night.

"...... you're Mr. Bartholy?" I say and lean backward to avoid him. I take a few steps backwards.

"Unfortunately, yes , Miss Gremoey." A smile takes place on his well shaped lips.

I lower my head as a few things roam in my brain.

He tilts his head and looks at me teasingly.

"What? are you going to leave the job?" He asks.

No way! I've to survive.

I nod not.

"Then follow my orders. And.. the amount won't disappoint you, I promise" He says and turns his back at me.

"Why should I follow your words? What's my post? I came for the interview. My post isn't selected yet." I ask tensed.

"You're really loud..." He says and it's when I realize that I'm the only one who is shouting. I sigh.

"Whatever your post is I'm the boss here. But I think you'll be great as a personal assistant, won't you?" He asks teasingly!

What?!

My eyes get rounder.

"I.. I've no experience and I don't even have the qualifications.." I stammer.

He smiles and glides fingers on my cheek.

" You're performance was fascinating. I enjoyed your performance. So, I decided to reward you. So, I told Mr. Park to contact you and offer you a position in our office. But..." He stops and smiles again.

"But?"

"But I wanted to decide the position myself." He says.

"But..." He turns his back at me

"Follow my orders, miss Gremoey!" He says and walks towards the desk.

I stare at him dumbfounded.

"This file..." He takes a file and looks at me.

"What? Why are you staring at me like that?"  He asks.

I shake my head frequently.

"Work on this file.. Um.. it's been checked once but I haven't checked it yet. I'll once you finish checking." He says and looks at my blazer on my shoulders.

He smirks and pats my shoulder.

"Here... Here's your room...." He says and points at a door inside of office room.

"W-Why the door is inside your office?" I ask.

"So that I can keep an eye on your doings." He says and sits on the leather chair fixing his tie.

Isn't this ridiculous..?

___________

Happy New year, guys!

😁😁
Hope you enjoyed it!

- 니샤 🙋