❤ Chapter 30

Rias' POV

Bloods rolling down his chin and staining the white shirt into red blood. He keeps spitting blood continuously as he holds the wand with both of his hands. His eyes closed, brows knitted, mouth half open.

Now, I remember! I remember the moment when he got injured while saving me... In Spain a man in Black..... A knife....

I snap out of my thought as Mr. Bartholy falls on the bed unconscious.

I scream a No as I grab his arm and shake it violently.

"What ha-happened?! Op-open your eyes...." I say all rudderless but he doesn't move. I hold the wand to take it away from his fist but I let go of another scream..

It's..... Damn hot... How is he even holding it!

I pull out the wand ignoring the heat.

"W-wake up... I finally remember what happened on the roof of your inn in Spain." I say and shake him intensely but he doesn't response.

"W-what should I do?! Is he DEAD!?" I quickly press my ear against his chest.

His heart is beating....... Very.... Slowly ....

"Open your eyes please!" I keep shaking him as tears roll down my cheeks.

As he doesn't response, I stop shaking him and keep crying lowering my head.

I don't know the hell I'm going through. It seems like yesterday I spent a day normally. My life keeps changing since I met Mr. Bartholy....

I shake my head right to left crying hard and it's when a weak hand grabs a hold of my wrist.

"I'm fine...." Mr. Bartholy speaks in a low tone as he sits up and leans against the headboard.

His blood stained lips curve into a kind smile.

__________

"Ahhh, I'm hungry....." I hear Mr. Bartholy saying from my room.

"What you want to eat? I'll fetch it for you...." I say.

"A bird would work for now...." He says.

"Bird?! You want chicken?!" I ask.

"I need blood. A lot of blood went outside of my body!" He replies and I shutter.

Blood?! Oh sure, he's a vampire!

"What are you thinking?" I hear Mr Bartholy's voice right beside me and I jump out throwing the water bottle I was holding to fill.

"I have something to discuss about..." I ask, all serious.

"What? Will you agree to let me have your blood... Human blood is the most nutrit...." He stops as I throw a cold stare.

"The thing is I'm not going back to that damn world.." I say staring right into his lavender eyes.

And he frowns a little.

"You must be kidding..." He says with a pointy grin.

"I'm not kidding. I'm serious! My lifestyle has totally taken a turn since I met you! I don't know what the hell is going on! But I want to go back to my normal lifestyle!" I says.

"Isn't it something that you wanted??" He asks coldly.

"I neve...."

"Today I risk my life to save you because I need you....." He says and grabs my arm.

"You're going back with me now...." He says and waves his hand in front of us.

"No!!!!"

__________

"How did this happen?" An old man wearing a heavy white robe asks.

"I met an accident in the mortal world. Nothing serious..." Prince Leon pulls his hands away from the old man who seems to be a physician.

"It wasn't any normal accident. He burnt his palms and lost a lot of blood..." The physician says to the queen.

She seems worried.

"Even though Leon isn't saying anything I think something from this immortal world has burnt his palms." The old man says looking at prince Leon who looks away to avoid his eyes.

"But it can be healed. Young lady, come here..." The physician calls out for me.

"M-me?" I walk towards him.

"Here's the prescription.. I hope you'll take a good care of him as you used to be his personal assistant in mortal world. Remember, if you don't follow the prescription he'd be in great danger." He says and makes me hold a paper. I look at prince Leon who's eyes are closed in disgust.

"E-eh... Erm.." he doesn't listen to me anymore and he walk out the room so does the queen.

I sigh and take a look at the prescription.

"Blo...." As I continue to read it, it disappears all of a sudden.

"Ehhh!" I look here and there but it's already gone.

What did just happened!

I turn back to face him, the prince...

"It disappeared.. It won't be my fault not to treat you." I say and he just sighs.

"Didn't you just kidnap me??" I ask and he looks at me.

"Yes, I did." He says roughly and coldly.

"I want freedom.. let me go already... Please try to understand..."  He sits up straight.

"You wanna go back... Then go..." He says and I frown.

"I don't know how to return!" I say.

"Then forget about it.. It's you who picked the destination..." He says looking outside the huge window.

"Des-destination?" I ask confused.

He waves his hand and a file , of couse not a normal looking file, appears on his palm.

"You singed this unbreakable contract.. you choose your fate.. You had two options miserable but free life, luxurious but prisoner life. You are the one who made this choice." He says as I stand still.

"How did this happen?" I say slowly as I take the file and yes there's my signs.

"You wanted to serve a demon in order to live that you could've live if you'd your guardians alive." He says as I close my eyes in disappointment.

"I didn't want to tell you but... I've to now.." he says again.

It wasn't a dream then...... It hasn't been long when I wanted to live a comfortable life...
But what's this, it's a chaos now....

"Even if you had chosen miserable free life, you had meet me anyways. It's your destiny to meet me. Your ancestor had your destiny set up beforehand..." He says and gets off his bed slowly.

"So, this was pre-planned? It wasn't just an coincident meeting you?" I ask looking right into his eyes.

"Yes, it was pre-planned.. There was never any coincident..." He says.

"And you're the demon I've to serve for the rest of my life?" I ask as he nods less confidently.

"Hah, my life is a joke!" I let out a little laugh looking at the sky outside the portico.

"No, it's not. Human life is more valuable than ours. Because they only live a few years whereas we live hundred thousand of meaningless years." He says and cups my cheeks.

Two drops of tear roll down my cheeks.

"I'll value your life before mine.." he says and captures my lips with his.

My eyes open wide.

"You're the most valuable thing to me..." He says whispering as he pulls me into an embrace.

___________

Thanks for reading- N