❤ Chapter 29

Rias' POV

A code..... I need to collect the code from the prince... But I don't get it.. why the ancient chest is related to the prince..

"Miss Rias, hope you're enjoying..." The queen asks and I startle.

"Ye-yeah, her majesty." I say as I take the cup of tea with shivering hands and pay attention to the instrumental music that's been playing by a beautiful girl.

I'm wearing a soft purple gown, a black robe that has a hoodie to use when I'm outside of royal places.

"You seem nervous, miss Gremoey.. By any chance don't you even remember me?." She says again.

"Um..... You can call me Rias... Your age must be close to my mother's. But I'm sorry I can't remember you. did we meet before?" I ask confused.

"Yes! We meet at a party. I see you don't remember even me as Leon said." She says sadly.

"I'm sorry...." I feel sorry.

" But I'm actually a lot older than your mother...." She says smiling proudly which amuses me a little.

"A lot? How?" I ask as I chuckle.

"We immortals live a long life.." she says and winks.

Yeah, just like fairytale.

"But we're a lot different than fairytale or myth.." she says and I startle again.

Just like Mr Bartholy...

"My son is a lot like me... I'm a Phoenix princess. Phoenix are good at fire spells whereas vampires can only use black spells. But Leon can use both of them. He became an expert when he was a child." She says and takes a sip of her tea.

Where am I? Who am I? I'm someone who's not born in modern era and I'm here in front of Vampire queen listening to king's, queen's and prince's story.

________

I find a piece of paper on the tea table. A number is written down there.

When I left to meet the queen, I had left a note for him to write down a number of six numbers.

"But now I need to go to my world.." I murmur.

"Are you thinking about going to your world?" A voice says almost inside my ear.

I shiver and flinch.

"Yes, I've to.... I've a work undone." I say.

"I've to visit there once today.." He says holding his chin thoughtfully.

I look at him with puppy eyes.

"Ok.. I'll take you there..." He says sighing.

_________

I take the chest with shivering hands and use the code. And it makes a cracking noise.

I sit on the floor like a stupid. It's something that's been passed to me from my ancestor. How come my ancestor is related to Mr. Bartholy.

The chest opens on its own.

I hold my breath in my chest.

The things inside are covered with a red velvet fabric. I pull the chest to me and jerk away the fabric. A envelope, a little wooden bottle with handmade carvings and a jewellery box.

I open the envelope and find a letter with beautiful handwriting. I put down the letter reading it in a hurry and take the tiny wooden bottle. I open it and find something liquid in it...