Anna

Anna

I kept to the side of the hallway, trying my hardest to stay away from the groups of friends crowded against lockers. I wasn't even going to bother with my locker. It was on the other side of the school, and I didn't have anything to put into it, but surely by the end of the day I would. I decided to head directly to my first period classroom.

I probably should have been paying more attention to my surroundings, and not other things, because when I finally did snap back into reality, it was because I had collided with something. Or rather, someone.

Of course, I fell.

My face burned with embarrassment, and I hide my face shyly with my hair as I tried to collect myself.

"I'm sorry!" A shadow fell over me, and I looked up from behind strands of my hair to see a boy standing over me; the boy I had knocked into.

He held out a hand to me. I hesitated for a moment before grabbing it and letting him hoist me to my feet. I thanked him softly, my face still resembling a tomato. I reached for my bag on the floor, but he beat me to it, handing it to me with a smile.

"I'm really sorry," he said sheepishly. "I didn't see you there."

Although I felt that I should be the one apologizing, I just nodded shortly and turned away, embarrassed.

"Wait!" His hand shot out and snagged my sweater.

I turned back to him, cocking my head to the side expectantly.

He took a deep breath, still smiling, and said, "I'm Jessiah."

I mirrored his actions. "I'm Anna."

"Anna," he breathed. "It's nice to meet you."