Robin

Robin

She didn't puke, thankfully. Also, thankfully, Riley had moved her car down the street as to not be blocked in when people started to show up.

Riley drove, I rode shotgun, and Victoria passed out in the backseat within minutes.

It was silent, for most of the way. I was lucky that Victoria had texted me her address, or else I would have forgotten it, and I was fairly certain that she wasn't going to be waking up any time soon.

When Riley finally did break the silence, I was shocked.

"You reminded me of him," she said, eyes unmoving from the road.

"What?"

She looked up. "My brother. When I first saw you, your sleeves slipped during your panic attack. I saw the scars." Her eyes watered but she kept her face straight. "He had them, too."

I said nothing.

"We've both had our fair share of panic attacks, but he always had the scars." She wiped at her cheeks as if the tears had escaped. They were still sitting in her eyes. "Your's are old, though. I can tell. His never were."

I didn't say anything. It seemed wrong. I gave her my address after we had delivered Victoria to her parents. She dropped me off.

I watched her drive away and I felt bad about how I'd treated her on the first day, when she had only been looking because I had reminded her of her brother. The worst part was when she thought I'd gone inside, and that she was far away enough, she pulled to the side of the road and cried for a long, long time.