Anna

Anna

He brought me flowers.

Jessiah smiled when I walked up to him and held them out to me. "Here." He was blushing. So was I.

I took the small bouquet and smiled, though my face was turning redder each second. "Thank you."

He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "No problem."

I smiled brighter. He laced his fingers tentatively with mine and together we walked into school. I sighed contently and knew that it was going to be a good day; the flowers in my hand and the emptiness in my stomach told me so.

He walked me to and from each of my classes, offering to carry my bag, which I politely declined, and holding my hand at all times. It was almost as if he was afraid that he would lose me if he let go, even for a moment.

At lunch, we sat at our usual table with Robin. A moment after we had sat down, two more people took up seats next to Robin; a girl with pink hair and piercings and a boy with light brown hair and brown eyes.

"Hi," the girl said. "I'm Victoria."

"Hey," Jessiah greeted, his hand still interlocked with mine beneath the table. "I’m Jessiah." He smiled at me. "This is Anna."

I waved and smiled. She did the same.

"I'm Reximus," the brunette piped up.

Jessiah grinned. "That's a cool name."

"Thanks," he said, ears reddening.

"Well," Robin said. "You all know who I am, so I guess there's no need to introduce myself, yeah?" He laughed. "Aren't I so popular?"

Victoria rolled her eyes and we all laughed. We talked endlessly of nonsense, merely babbling about what was going on in the school and what we were into. We were getting to know each other.

And then Riley Evans showed up at the end of the table.