Reximus

Reximus

By the end of the night, we all had full bags of candy. Victoria, ever the sugar addict, had even made sure that we hit houses in the next town over and eventually resorted to stuffing candy in the pockets of her onesie and bra so that it wouldn't spill out of her bag.

We couldn't catch a bus, so after a long conversation, the six of us squeezed into the back of a cab. Anna, obviously, sat on Jessiah's lap. Victoria immediately called sitting on Riley's lap and sent a smirk my way. I glared back at her. The only lap left, of course, was Robin's.

I slid onto his lap awkwardly, but he thankfully didn't make it more awkward. He just grabbed onto me and made sure that I didn't slide around into anyone or anything. I blushed the entire time.

We took the cab back to Riley's house. She drove us all home from there.

Anna and I were the last ones to get dropped off. In the car, she offered me her candy.

"What?" I asked, shocked. "It's yours! You should keep it."

She shrugged and smiled. "I'm trying to be healthier, you know?"

I shook my head. "Nah, just keep it, Anna. A little sugar won't hurt you."

She grimaced when she thought that I was no longer looking, and actually looked disappointed that I hadn't taken her candy.

I asked her the question that was burning a hole in my tongue. "Are you trying to lose weight or something?"

Riley pulled up to her house and stopped the car. She hadn't heard anything that we'd said, at least I didn't think so. She was listening to some indie rock band.

"Yeah," Anna smiled, but didn't look happy. "Or something."