Robin

Robin

I stood, unable to move, as Tyler held Reximus so that some other guy could beat the shit out of him. Anger simmered in me and suddenly I was shaking, both from anger and shock that I could feel anger while on my medication.

I broke out of my trance and screamed, "You assholes! Get away from him!"

I think I blacked out for a moment, because my next coherent thought occurred when Tyler and the other guy were hightailing it toward the front doors of the school and Reximus was out cold on the concrete.

My first thought was to go after them, but my knuckles were bruised and my cheek was throbbing; I felt like they wouldn't be coming after him for a while. With that in mind, I knelt down next to Reximus and examined his face, wincing. His bottom lip was split and blood was coating his teeth. I didn't lift his shirt, or his pants, but I had seen him get hit in other places.

I shook his shoulder gently. He didn't stir. I pulled my phone from my pocket, dialing a number that I only had for emergencies, mainly Victoria-related.

She picked up on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Hey, Riley. Sorry, I know that you're probably on your way to class, but can you meet me out front? Reximus is unconscious and we need a ride to his house."

I could hear her saying something to other people softly before she spoke again. "Shit, yeah, of course. I'll be right out." She paused, again, speaking to other people. "Oh, Anna and Jessiah are coming, too." She ended the call.

I sighed and tucked my phone back into my pocket. I slid my arms under Reximus's legs and back, lifting him with ease. He weighed probably as much as Victoria did, practically nothing for a sixteen year old guy. And then I waited.