Robin

Robin

I was watching Reximus, but he was watching Anna. His mind seemed to be caught in an endless loop, and his eyes followed her constantly. He wasn't creepily staring, however. No. It was more like he was observing her discreetly, but not so discreetly that I didn't notice.

Then again, maybe I was staring creepily.

It was like I was starting to feel like an older brother to Reximus, and it was weird. In a way, though, it was okay. Victoria was the same way; always wanting to protect him and tease him.

Speak of the devil, and she shall arrive.

Victoria plopped down at the table, and, ignoring questions of where she had been, cleared her throat loudly. "I have an idea!" she exclaimed.

Reximus sighed expectantly and rested his chin on his hand. "What is it?"

"We barely ever get together outside of school, with all six of us, and so we should all go Black Friday shopping!" She clapped her hands together excitedly.

Riley stared at her boredly. "No."

Everyone else murmured sounds of agreement.

"C'mon, guys," she whined. The sound was all too familiar. "You never want to do anything I wanna do."

Jessiah scoffed. "Yeah, because going trick or treating and me wearing a skirt was totally my idea."

Victoria grinned crookedly. "Okay, so we did go trick or treating. Thanks, by the way. But seriously, Black Friday is so much fun! There are crowds and crazy sales and you get to fight for what you want!"

"That sounds awful," Reximus cringed.

"It's chaos, but it's fun chaos!" she tried.

"No," we chorused.