Robin

Robin

Luckily, by the time that Victoria came barreling through the door, I had already changed into the tattered shirt.

Jessiah, however, was only in his boxers.

Victoria burst through the door, her dinosaur tail waving behind her and looking absolutely ridiculous. "Hey, boys!"

Jessiah swiveled around and his eyes widened. "What the hell!?"

With a small surprised scream, Victoria turned back around and slammed the door. We could hear her fall against the door from the outside.

"Tell me when you're decent," she yelled.

"Knock next time," Jessiah grumbled, pulling the red skirt up his legs with quite a bit of struggle.

"I think my eyes are damaged," she moaned pitifully.

Reximus and I released our guffawing laughter. We ignored the middle finger that Jessiah flashed us and laughed until our stomachs ached and our eyes were watery.

Eventually, Jessiah managed to get the skirt and tight shirt on, though he ruined the girly image with his bulky white sneakers.

Victoria came back into the room and decorated Reximus and I's faces. She didn't argue too much when Jessiah refused any makeup. I think that she was still shocked that she had even gotten him into a skirt.

She painted whiskers and a black nose onto Reximus. For me, she used black eye shadow all around my eyes and spread the blood around my mouth (which tasted disgusting).

Riley and Anna entered the room while Victoria was painting my face with blood. They both broke into laughter immediately when they caught sight of Jessiah, but Anna made sure to kiss his pouting face, to which we all made disgusted faces to.

Riley seemed a bit off, but I guess that was to be expected. She likely didn't spend too much time in her brother's room. I was surprised that she had even let us get dressed in it.

I wasn't exactly in the mood for trick or treating, but I went through with it, anyway. I was still reeling from the week before, when all shit hit the fan and I blurted out to Reximus that I was schizophrenic. I hadn't missed any of my medication doses, though, and I was starting to feel things on a regular basis again.

None of us had spoken about what happened, just carried on with our week and gradually started talking of casual things, again.

"Done," Victoria interrupted my thoughts.

I peered into the small mirror mounted on the wall and bared my teeth. I looked like I really had just eaten somebody.

Turning to Reximus, I bared my teeth and hissed. "Boo!"

He laughed. He looked absolutely adorable with kitten ears and whiskers. I told him so.

"You look adorable," I wrinkled my nose, smirking.

His face lit up and his cheeks burned. He played with his fingers shyly. "Thanks," he mumbled.

I smiled brighter at him.

Victoria clapped her hands together and grinned. "Let's do this!"

We headed outside, and though it was only just getting dark out, we decided to get a head start. We walked toward the beach, where there were plenty of condos and two-story houses where Victoria said "had the best candy".

We stopped at two houses along the way due to Victoria's insistence that they would have candy. They did.

Quite a few people gave us odd stares as we went. I didn't blame them. We were a bunch of juniors in high school dressed up ridiculously and going trick or treating.

We were at our third house when Riley began tugging her dress farther down her legs.

"Victoria, I don't really think this costume was a good idea," she said.

Victoria looked her up and down. "Why? You look like a hot pirate!"

Her eyes flickered across the street. "He keeps looking at me weird."

We all looked across the street, and surely enough, there was a guy, probably in his late twenties, who kept looking at Riley like she was a piece of meat.

Victoria cupped her hands around her mouth and yelled, "Hey, creep, eyes off the merchandise!"

Riley smiled uneasily but gratefully. After that, Reximus and I walked behind Riley. I made sure to flip him the finger once or twice, and anyone else who tried.