Reximus

Reximus

Thankfully, Victoria was back at school the following Monday. It was great because I had missed her even though she had only missed one school day, and because I wasn't sure if I would be able to handle being around Robin without talking to her first.

She was behind the school when I got off the bus, as usual. I sighed with relief when I noticed that no one was with her. I jogged over to her.

"Whoa!" Victoria exclaimed. "Didn't realize you missed me so much, Rex."

"I have to talk to you," I breathed, my eyes wide.

Her eyebrows knitted together. "About what?"

I looked around uncertainly. "I--I..." It was increasingly hard to speak around the lump forming in my throat. I covered my face with my hands. "IthinkIhaveacrushonRobin."

Victoria grabbed my wrists and removed my hands from my face. "What was that?"

I cleared my throat and tried again. "I think I have a crush on Robin," I mumbled, slower this time.

She was silent for a moment before her mouth slowly stretched into a grin. It was actually somewhat creepy to watch.

"Awww!" she yelled. "That's so freaking cute!" She waved a finger at me. "And you, my friend, have good taste. That boy is fiiine!"

I waved my hands around rapidly, my heart beating faster than I'd thought possible. "Shh!"

Her eyes were bright and she couldn't stop smiling. "I think you should tell him."

I stared at her, dumbfounded. "Are you crazy?"

"Probably," she answered. "But that doesn't change the fact that you definitely like him and you should let him know. Don't leave him in the dark."

"He's straight," I said sternly. "And, anyway, he's definitely not into me in any way. He thinks of me more like a little brother or something."

"Or something," she enunciated. "I heard something somewhere once, that really reminds me of your situation." Victoria threw her arm across my shoulders and led me into the school. "Even spaghetti is straight until things start to heat up."