Riley

Riley

I pulled my car around front and Robin, Reximus, Anna, and Jessiah piled into it; Robin in the passenger seat, and Anna, Jessiah, and Reximus in the backseat, with Reximus's head on Anna's lap. We were lucky to have gotten out without security stopping us.

Once the car was moving, and we were pulling away from the school, I asked, "Where does he live, anyway?"

It was silent. Robin looked to me and opened his mouth uncertainly. "Uh, I...have no idea." He thought for a moment. "Just drop us off at my house."

I nodded. We drove in silence. Anna petted Reximus's hair and we all waited to see if he would wake up before we arrived at Robin's house. Within five minutes, we were there, though Reximus was still unconscious.

Robin lifted him from the backseat, smiling weakly at Anna. "Thanks," he said.

She moved to get out of the car. "I want to help."

He opened his mouth to protest, but then he closed it and nodded. "Okay."

Anna climbed out of the car, and of course, Jessiah followed.

"Thanks, Riley," Robin said, before shutting the door and heading up the walkway.

I waved at Anna and Jessiah as they walked away, before driving off toward Victoria's house, knowing that I wasn't going back to school.

I pulled up to her house, glad that I remembered the address from the night of the party. I rang the doorbell and waited. I was relieved when Victoria answered the door. I didn't exactly want to meet her parents or whoever at the moment.

She squinted at me. "Riley?"

I grinned and waved. "Hey, Victoria."

Her hair was piled into a messy bun and there were dark circles under her eyes. Her face was scrubbed of makeup. She was clad in a pair of blue flannel pajama bottoms and a black tank top. She did not look happy to see me standing on her doorstep at eight o' clock in the morning.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, moving to the side so that I could walk in.

"I, uh," I stammered. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to tell her about Reximus or not. I sighed. "Reximus got hurt, and so I dropped Robin, Anna, Jessiah, and him off at Robin's house. I didn't want to go back to school, so I just came here..."

Her eyes were wide. "What!?"

"He's okay," I assured her. "He passed out but I don't think it's anything serious. He's just a little beaten up, is all."

She moved down the hall, and I followed her. We entered a room with posters of bands on the walls, a closet with clothes and shoes pouring out of it, and CDs piled high on a shelf. I assumed that it was her bedroom.

She sat down on the bed and exhaled deeply. "Was it Tyler, again?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. Robin was the only one there."

Victoria groaned and rubbed her temples. "He better have given them the hell that they deserve."

I smiled sadly. "I'm sure he did."

It was quiet for a moment.

"I'm sick," Victoria said.

She didn't look very sick, just tired. I didn't argue with her. "Okay, well then you can get me sick, and then we can be sick together."

She attempted a smile. "Sounds like a plan."

I looked around the room as the silence resumed. "Um," I thought about what we could do. "How about music?"