Robin

Robin

Victoria tried to wake Riley before the bell rang, but she didn't even twitch. She was completely passed out. She could have been comatose, for all we knew.

I caught Jeremiah staring at her constantly with longing, and then to us with irritation. Victoria caught him doing it at one point. She made a show of snarling at him when he looked to her, narrowing her eyes and flipping him off with both hands.

It was likely that she wouldn't have reacted so harshly if she hadn't already been put off by Riley's unstableness. She only knew that he was her boyfriend and he wasn't with Riley, helping her. Instead, he was grimacing at us. It was also likely that she would have reacted even harsher if she had known what he'd done.

She found out in the hallway on the way to eighth period. I was walking with her and Reximus to their Child Development class. I had no class eighth period, so why not just hang out in their class? I had just been planning to sneak out and smoke under the bleachers in the football field, anyway.

We passed Anna in the hallway. Surprisingly, Jessiah wasn't with her. Anna stopped us and said, "I know why Riley was so upset today."

Victoria froze. "Why?"

Anna's face shone with sympathy. "Her boyfriend cheated on her, and apparently it wasn't the first time."

Victoria's fists clenched and unclenched slowly. Without saying anything, she tightened her jaw and stormed away in the opposite direction of the Child Development room.

Reximus and I went to Child Development. Victoria never showed up.