Victoria

Victoria

I plopped down into a seat across from Reximus, wrinkling my nose at the nauseating smell of school pizza and sweat. Reximus raised his eyebrows at me questioningly, and I suddenly forgot about cardboard pizza.

"I've been looking all over for you," I huffed.

He smiled. "Well, I've been here."

I rolled my eyes and stole half of his sandwich, biting into it when he didn't say anything. "Whatever.”

"So, did you want something?" he inquired.

I perked up. "Oh, yeah, I forgot!" I leaned across the table, lowering my voice a notch. "Okay, so, there's a back-to-school party in two weeks. I'm not sure who's planning it, just that it's somewhere down by the beach. The house is gonna be packed and everybody's going to be shit-faced, and I thought, 'well, hey, what a great place for me and my new friend Reximus to have some fun!'"

He blinked. "I'm not going," he deadpanned.

I rolled my eyes, again, and grinned. "Yes, you are."

"Nope."

"Yep."

"No."

"Yes."

"No way."

"Yes way!" I screamed, laughing.

The tips of his ears turned red as several tables turned their attention toward us.

"Alright," he hissed. "I'll think about it, yeah?"

"Yeah!" I exclaimed, brightening.

This time it was Reximus who rolled his eyes. "You're really weird."

I took a sip from my water bottle. "So I've been told."