Robin

Robin

I sat with Anna and Jessiah for the entire week, but my mind was elsewhere.

I watched the girl with the brown hair and the snarl and wondered why she was constantly looking at me and tearing, but when ever I met her gaze, she rolled her eyes and turned away.

I watched Anna blush and smile at whatever Jessiah said, and I wondered why she wore sweaters in September and was always pulling her pants away from her legs, but I didn't think that she even realized it.

I watched Jessiah watch Anna and wondered why he hadn't asked her out, yet. Despite only knowing each other for a week, they showed growing interest in each other. He liked her, and she liked him, but they were both so damn oblivious that it hardly even mattered.

I needed to stop getting so involved. I was practically planning out their relationship.

They laughed and I watched and that happened each day until it was Friday, and Jessiah said something about a party.

"What party?" I asked, having only caught onto that one word.

Jessiah looked at me curiously, not used to me really talking much and especially not used to me showing interest in something that they had said. Ha. If only they knew.

"Some girl's throwing a party next Friday. I don't think I'm gonna go but I heard that most of the school is. It's supposed to be some big back-to-school thing, and apparently it's one of the biggest parties of the year, besides the one that she throws at the end of the school year."

I caught on to every word, chewing them thoughtfully. "I think I might go," I said. "Is there going to be alcohol?"

He smirked crookedly. "It's BYOB, but I know that a bunch of guys are pitching in for a keg and there's sure to be more."

"Yeah," I decided, "sounds like a great place to get drunk."

I knew that I wasn't supposed to drink on my meds, but I'd done it before, and while it wasn't always the best thing to do, as it burned the medication off faster and strengthened the hallucinations, it was fun. Besides, it didn't always make my head go wacky, just most of the time.

Anna looked worried. "How're you going to get home?"

I waved my hand nonchalantly. "I won't drive, don't worry. I'll either walk or just get someone to drive me home. I'll be fine." I wasn’t sure if I was lying or not.

She didn't look convinced, but she let it go. "Alright," she sighed. "Just be careful, please?"

I gave her what I thought was a comforting smile, but it may have come out as more of a grimace. "Okay."

I was a bit excited. Social interaction wasn't exactly my thing, and I was a little afraid that I would have another episode like on the first day of school, but I would be drunk, hopefully. I would barely remember, even if everyone else did.