Chapter two: The phone call

Edited by: The_Food_Goddess

Elizabeth's POV

Today was the day I was finally getting a much deserved break after months of continuous lectures, tests and numerous hours of waitressing.

I had been saving up for this little adventure for quite awhile now.

Not willing to get up from my cozy bed just yet, I snuggled into my bed.I left my mind wander thinking about how I was finally going to check out Skydiving from my bucket list. I've never tried it before, thanks to my ever cautious parents. When I was younger I would always plead, beg and cry to them about letting me try it at least once but they would always say it's too dangerous to even consider. So today, I was finally taking the leap both literally and figuratively.

Cuddling into my pillow, I sigh blissfully. This was the start of me living my life on my own terms.

Deciding to get up and actually start the day, I remove the blankets from over me feeling more refreshed than I had in a long while.

I reach for my phone in my nightstand, unlocking it I am swamped with notifications.

I had fifteen missed calls from Mary along with a couple messages demanding to know what the heck am I doing.

I decided to call her considering Mary never calls unless it's important (most of the time).

She picked up on the first ring.

"Why don't you ever answer your phone? Better yet, why do you even have the damn thing?" Mary yelled causing me to pull my phone away from my ear.

Cringing at the decibel level, I apologize "I'm sorry, I was asleep."

"Well today's plans are canceled, even the weather is against you living your life for once," Her voice sounded much calmer than before.

Moving towards the window, I pulled back the curtains to look. I was met with a dark gloomy sky. It wasn't just rain, it was a full on downpour. Rain and hail hammered the ground while the wind was it's howling mistress.

That just goes to show that I sleep like a dead person.

"Don't tell me you didn't know it was raining." Mary said, letting out a chuckle.

"I was asleep" I repeated, stressing the word.

"Not surprising, You will sleep through the apocalypse if given a chance. Remember what happened when Kathrine and I came by your place and you didn't wake up no matter what we tried? " She laughed.

Kathrine is Mary's five-year-old niece. The last time she visited, I had forgotten that she was coming and after a long shift at work I was out cold on my bed. Apparently after trying to wake me up for a while, the little missy got irritated and drew all over my face. Turning me into a she devil with dramatic eyebrows and over drawn big red lips, that too with a permanent marker. Eventually I woke up to a note explaining how angry little Kathy was about me forgetting our plans. Not aware of her evil machinations I had scared myself silly when I finally got a good look in my mirror that morning. After countless attempts to try and wash the new decoration off of my face, I finally gave up. It wouldn't come off completely. I would have skipped work that day but Mark had sent me a death warning. Nonetheless to say, I scared a kid to tears with my face while waiting on her family.

"Anyways, Get your ass moving. Mikey and I are picking you up in ten minutes," She said bringing me out of my thoughts.

Before I could protest the idea she hung up.