Chapter forty: a drastic turn in fate,

Elizabeth's POV

I stroke my still flat belly gently. It's only been a month and I already feel like the baby was here. I already know I love him (or her). I'm still saying flat because I can't bear the fact that I'm getting fatter by the day

My bags were already packed with my flight ticket booked and a newly renewed passport. This was exactly what my baby and I needed, a fresh new start. My dad kept his end of the deal. He got me enrolled in college as well as a job that paid well.

After the nurse told Erik I was pregnant I had to explain to him the same way you tell a three-year-old you getting a divorce.

"Are you ready to go?" Dad asked.

"Yes," I answered.

____________________________

Charles's POV

*3 days later *

I woke to my usual morning ritual, take a shower, get dressed and have breakfast. Lately avoiding Dion has been added as one of my morning rituals. She moved into the house in Elizabeth's room. She complained about how claustrophobic the other rooms made her feel. She moved all of Elizabeth's things into the guest room. Of cause, she tried 'talking' her way into my room but that wasn't up for debate.

Lately, I feel like Elizabeth is slowly starting to fade away from me like it was just a bad nightmare but then every morning I'm reminded by my broken heart.

I heard the loud music playing from downstairs. We've already had the police here complaining about the noise levels three times.

I walked downstairs to find the source of the noise.

Dion was in the sitting room playing music through the amplifier on full blast. She was dancing on the table with a beer in her hand.

I walked into the room and to the table. She didn't even notice I was there until I switched off the volume.

"What are you doing, put it on." She said nearly falling off the table.

"It's the third time this week Diana." (her second name). "I thought we agreed that you were going to keep the volume low, it's six a.m."

"Don't be boring Charles, have fun." She said

"You've been drinking again," I said.

"You've been drinking again," She mimicked.

"You drunk and you pregnant Diana. Don't you think about anyone else besides yourself? You know you not supposed to drink."

"Stop acting like you care all of a sudden. The only one you ever care about is that whore, why don't you go to her." She yelled.

"This isn't about her, I'm talking to you."

I took the beer out off her hand then helped her off the table."

"You best be sober by the time I'm back," I said. "Clean this place up."

Susan and Laura have had to do double the work for the past few days and I don't think that's fair to them.

I walk out of the house once again with my blood boiling in anger.

________________

"Mara, what's for today?" I asked.

"Well, Mr Lewis sent his apologies. He cancelled the appointment due to some family emergencies. You have to confirm a few changes to the opening of your new restaurant this weekend." She said, reading from the list on her i-pad.