Chapter eight: Claiming what's his

Elizabeth's POV

"So how is she doctor?" I asked. It's been two weeks since the accident and she still hasn't woken up yet.

"She is awake now you can go and see her."

It's been two weeks since she's been in the hospital and Charles hasn't left my side. I know it's so weird right. If not for some business meeting he had, he would be here right now irritating the crap out of me. Not that I'm complaining, but I am.

I went into the wardroom she was in, the doctors said she has been getting better thanks to the operation. Honestly if not for Charles I don't know what I would have done even though he will never see the day I will say this in his face.

"So how are you, I missed you so much. I house is so empty without you."

"I'm fine now, so how are things between you and Erik?"

"Honestly I don't know anymore, he is not answering my calls or replying to my messages, I just don't know anymore."

"Everything is going to be alright."

"Thanks, I guess I better start going now. The visiting hours are almost over."

"But you just got here."

"I know, if I don't start going they will kick me out. The nurse said I only have five minutes."

"OK thanks stopping by, can you send my greeting's to Charles for me."

"OK sure," I replied.

I then drove to my aunt Sarah who owns a small cake shop near my house. In my opinion, they sell the best cakes. After I got the cheesecake I drove back home. For the past two weeks, I have been up all night worrying about Mary that I have completely forgotten that I need to sleep to survive.

I got into my pyjamas. Yes, I wear my pyjamas at one o'clock. I then took my laptop to watch something on Netflix. It's been a long time since I even had time for myself. Not long after I heard the doorbell ring.

"Charles, what are you doing at my house and how did you even know where I live?"

"I came to get what's mine."