Chapter thirty-eight: Oh boy!

Elizabeth's POV

After learning of the possibility that I might be pregnant, Mary and I rushed to the nearest pharmacy for a pregnancy test. Neither one of us had ever been in such a situation which meant neither one of us knew which pregnancy test would be best suited. The pharmacist was looking at us eyes wide opened as we looked through the lanes.

We took five pregnancy tests from five different brands in case the other didn't work.

The pharmacist gave me a look of contempt as I placed it on the counter.

"It's for my friend," I said nervously.

*~*

"Can you tell me, I'm too nervous to look," I said biting my thumb. There were five pregnancy tests on the table all flipped upside down. The five minutes that were written on the back of the box had already passed.

"No matter what the results are, I want you to know it's not the end of the world," Mary said trying to seem calm but I could hear the alarm in her voice.

"Are you kidding, I don't even have a job, I'm barely managing!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, but your baby daddy happens to be a billionaire. Unless Erik is the father."

I rolled my eyes, "We not even sure if I'm pregnant."

"Okay, close your eyes. I'll flip them all then you can open your eyes." Mary said.

I nodded, I did as she said. I could hear the sound on the table as she flipped each one. Every passing second I was tempted to open my eyes but I wasn't ready for the results.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now." She said.

I exhaled deeply awaiting the biggest shock of my life.

*~*~*~*~*

I shook the pregnancy test still shocked by the results. Maybe this was a mistake and that I hadn't seen it correctly.

"Elizabeth! Just stop." Marry exclaimed. "You pregnant."

Reality finally sank in, I was pregnant and expecting a child. A person.

Four of the pregnancy tests had a positive sign on it while one had a negative. I didn't know what to believe or whether I should just aspect the probability of me being pregnant.

"I can't believe this," I muttered.

"So you are a med student and it somehow never occurred to you to use protection," Mary said with a questioning look on the face.

"So you are going to mock me now."

"No, I'm just trying to help. We can book an appointment with a doctor for you to confirm. Everything will be okay." She said with a half a smile.

"I have to go, I have a day shift, I can't be late today," She said

I watched as she walked out in my mind screaming 'Please don't leave'.

I leaned against the wall as I fell to my knees onto the floor.

What was I going to do? I barely had enough for myself and not to mention a child. I didn't have a job or any money saved.