Chapter twenty five: A night of horror

A:/N: Sorry for not updating for so long my Wi-Fi wasn't working for almost three weeks. Hope you like this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment if you like the chapter.

____________________________________

Elizabeth's POV

Today I was spending my day with Mary, I've been so busy with my 'problems' that I forgot I have a best friend. We haven't seen each other for a while and I feel like there are way too many secrets between us.

"My brother is having his birthday party tonight, maybe you should come too." That was more like a command than a statement, that's how much I knew her.

Her brother Bret was having his twenty-first but birthday party today. His birthday is next week but their doing it today since next week he won't be here.

I remember how he used to have a crush on me, I kept on telling him he was way too young for me but he didn't seem to care.

"Yeah sure, maybe I'll ask Charles to came too."

"Ellie, when was the last time you talked about someone else that isn't Charles, you acting like you in love with him or something. Or are you."

I wasn't even sure about that question myself. I get this feeling in my chest whenever I'm with him and when I'm not I can't stop thinking about him. It's impossible not to think about him.

"No." It sounded more like I whisper like I was trying to convince myself.

"Anyways you better show up tonight because I'm getting him you as his birthday present."

"Meaning"

"You are his supposedly birthday present, he said he wanted to see you and that he would rather have you than anything else."

"That was wrongly said."

"His words not mine."

I signed in defeat, even if I was planning on skipping now I have to.

"Enough about my idiotic brother, how have you been?"

"Cool, just the usual."

We got some smoothies and mostly talked. She got a message on her phone, I had no idea from who but I'm assuming it's probably a he. The next moment she started smiling then got up from her seat.

"You going to ditch me aren't you?"

"Totally."

I just looked at her shaking my head in disapproval.

"What, you have a nice hot husband leave me alone."

She was right I did have a nice hot husband to attend to. I took an Uber home, it wasn't much of a long drive since we live so close to almost everything. If a tsunami was to break down, we would probably die first.

Charles in his packing things away. He wore a white vest and black sweatpants. I could see his six-pack through his vest, and his muscles don't get me started on those.

"What are you doing?"

"I need to pack away all those pictures in the basement."

"Why don't you ask Maria to pack it for you." Charles was one of those people who would have other people do their things for them unless he was hiding something because he would not want any evidence of it left.

"No. I prefer doing things myself." That was the first, and a lie.

"Can I help you?"

"No," He said trying to stop me from reaching for the picture that was in the box. But he was too late.