Chapter twenty-three: Jealous

Elizabeth's POV

"What do you think you doing?"

"Me, what are you doing?" I said sounding a bit shaky.

'Really Elizabeth, that's the best question you can think of'. I scold myself.

"This is my room." He said rolling his eyes.

He looked at me for a second as if I had lost my mind. I totally don't blame him for that though.

"Oh, I was just leaving," I said while putting the diary behind my back so he wouldn't see it then turning around to walking out.

"Oh and my mom said I should remind you that she is hosting a dinner party tonight and she expects you to come and also get something formal to wear you can use my credit card."

I just nod my head and walked out. As much as the thought of using his credit card felt good, I couldn't. I didn't want to look like someone who was just using him for his money, at list not by choice since I own everything he has too.

I couldn't believe I had just done that, I know it's wrong to read someone else's diary but that was the only way I could answer all those questions burning in my head, it's not like he would tell me.

Right now I had to forget about all of this because I had this one major problem.

I didn't have anything to wear for tonight and I have no idea what I should or should not wear to a formal party. It's not like my parents ever took me to things like this, they always considered me an embarrassment. At times like this, I always call Marry. So I called her.

"Marry, I need your help. This is an emergency"

''Whatever it is it's probably not that serious, you just overreacting the situation."

"I've been invited to this fancy dinner party and I don't have a dress to wear."

"You right, this is an emergency. Meet me at the mall." She said before hanging up.

I took my car keys, well actually it's Charles's car. He said I could use it. The ride to the mall wasn't that long at all, it was more like a fifteen minutes drive.

After parking the car into the parking lot, I went to this cafe I used to go to a lot while I was a child. It kind of began my hang out spot. I ordered some coffee while I waited impatiently for Mary.

After about a half an hour of waiting she finally arrived, she looked breathless.

"Can you ever get anywhere on time."

"You better be nice to me, I had to cancel my date for you."

*TWO HOURS LATER*

"Marry can't we just go home? We've been in like ten stores already. My feet are burning. I'm pretty sure I can find an excuse to tell Charles, it's not like he actually wants me there." Don't get me wrong, I really love shopping but this was just way too much walking to last me a lifetime.

"We are not going anywhere until we find you a dress."

"How about this one." I sad lifting up this purple dress with a silver belt.

"You are twenty-seven not eighty-seven. You look worse than my grandma right now and she's ninety."

"There's nothing wrong with this."

"Sometimes I wonder how you live without me."

"You know she is totally right Ellie, purple is not your colour," Michael said, literally coming from nowhere. I don't know if you are spying on us or if it was just a coincidence. He was holding a dress in his left hand while his right hand was in his pocket. "Try this white dress, it suits your skin tone."