Chapter forty-four: A chance in fate

Elizabeth's POV

"Come on, please open the door." mom yelled.

"Go away!" I shouted.

"Please, for the sake of your baby." She sighed. "You have to eat,"

I grabbed my pillow, covered my face with it and screamed.

She continued to knock.

I rolled myself to the edge of the bed. I dragged my feet onto the ground, my legs lifting my weight. I felt a heat of nosier, my legs could barely supporting my weight. My legs were crumbling.

I walked to the door leaning onto the hall.

These were the effects of skipping two meals while pregnant.

Mom didn't make any comment about my appearance, because she knew how sensitive I was these days. She helped me onto the bed and placed a tray of food on my lap. On my plate was scrambled eggs and baken with toast.

Even though it was one of my favourite breakfasts, I still don't have an appetite to eat.

"Are you going to eat that? I'm not leaving until that plate is empty." She said.

At first, I thought she was joking only later to discover she meant every word. She didn't leave until there wasn't a single breadcrumb in my plate.

Having someone watch you while eating his creepy, but having your mother watch you eating is intense.

After breakfast I felt so much better, my strength had been restored.

I took a shower allowing the cold water to run down my body as I felt a chill down my spine.

I got dressed in a pink floral dress.

On my way to the garden in the backyard, I grabbed a copy of 'Put your baby to sleep new edition.'

I sat on a bench. As always, it made me feel at ease. It was a way of me connecting with nature, just sitting there and listening to the Mockingjay.

I open the book on my lap, for some reason, I could not get myself to pay attention to the book. My attention was diverted to the three birds in the oak tree, one was the mother and the other the check she was feeding her check while the father appeared to be preparing the nest.

'At least they're happy,' I found myself thinking.

"There you are!" I heard a loud voice.

I was immediately brought out of my thoughts. I turn my head to find the source of the voice.

It was Mrs Greene walking towards me in her four-inch heels holding blue and pink balloons that readout congratulations.

Walking behind her was Addy our housemaid who was carrying several paper bags that seemed to be overpowering her.

As soon as she was of arms reach, she released the balloons causing them to fly all over. She pulled me into a hug nearly suffocating me.

Addy dropped the bags onto the grass before she gave me a small smile, perhaps it was a look of pity.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really excited." Mrs Greene said. "How are you? How is the baby? I hope you eating alright because it could be bad for the baby. I know a great place that sells all-natural foods that are good for the baby. Speaking of good there's also this place I can drive you to for Antenatal classes. They the best in town."

Before I could answer she just kept on coming up with more questions and statements it was as if she was answering herself. She was like a machine that couldn't turn off.