Chapter forty-six: I don't think I can

Charles's POV

*Two months later*

"Wah-wah!" Ellie cried.

"Try checking her diaper, she's cranky when her diaper is wet!" Mom yelled.

We had been trying to put Ellie to sleep but we had all desperately failed. She wouldn't stop crying.

"Did you feed her?" I asked.

I had just arrived home from work.

I took her from Nina's arms, her nanny.

"Yes, thirty minutes ago." She replied.

As I held her in my arms, she slowly stopped crying.

"She always does that, maybe you should stay home and look after her instead," Nina said

From the first day she got here, she made sure her presence was known. Demanding attention all the time.

"She's daddy's little girl," Nick commented.

I had no idea it was possible to survive on only three hours of sleep until she came along.

Mom walked in with a teddy bear in her hand.

"Why don't you give her this, maybe she'll like it." Mom said.

"You don't want to do that," Michael commented. "Nick used that to masturbate."

"Eiw!" Mom said dropping it out of her hand. "What is wrong with you people?"

"Very funny Michael," Nick said.

"How would you know?" I asked. "Do you watch him or something?" I said with a smirk on my face.

Michael's smile immediately dropped.

"I should have aborted you when I had the chance," mom said walking out.

I looked at Ellie in my arms, eyes-wide-open. She didn't look like she was falling asleep anytime soon.

"You need to sleep so I can visit mommy," I say to her.

She started giggling instead.

"Good thing she looks like her mom," Michael said.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"You the perfect example of what an alien race would look like," Nick answered.

They both started laughing rolling on the couch.

"I'm going to take her to her room, she's never falling asleep with you two idiots," I say.

I walked up the stairs to her room. I brought a new house, although it feels like everyone moved in.

I closed the curtains in the room, the room turning dark. I placed her in her crib, if she got to used to my arms she wouldn't want anyone else.

After a long struggle, she finally fell asleep.

I tiptoed out making sure not to make a sound.

"Please keep an eye on her," I say to Nina. "Keep her baby monitor close to you," I say.

I walked into my room and then into the shower.

After a hot shower, I got dressed in casual clothes.

"Are you going somewhere?" Nick asked.

"Yes, I'm going to visit Elizabeth. I'll be back soon. Don't make any noise, it will wake Ellie up." I said. "Where's mom?" I asked.