Chapter forty-one: Two surprises

Elizabeth's POV

*Three months later*

Three months had already gone by, for the first time I feel like my life is finally a breath of fresh air.

I work part-time at one of my dad's retail offices and it pays well too. Dad made sure it fit with my school and study schedule.

I remember when I first told Dad I was pregnant, I still remember the conversion.

"Dad, I'm pregnant," I said nervously.

"Wow, honey! I'm so happy for you." He said, "Even though I'm still too young to be a grandfather." He whispered.

"Dad! You fifty-eight." I said.

"We had you when your grandfather was eighty." He laughed. "Mr Greene is going to be so happy." He said.

"I was hoping you wouldn't tell them,"

"Why not? I don't see why I shouldn't. Unless you are pregnant for that small boy who tried to kill you, in that case, I have to find my shotgun. I thought he was decent when he first came to our house."

"No dad, I'd just rather tell them myself."

"Okay sweetheart,"

"And mom too," I said.

"Now this is ridiculous, she's your mother."

"I will tell her, eventually. I don't want her to end up posting it on social media or worse die of a heart attack because of what her scandalous friends will say."

"You have a point, but when you finally tell her, I knew nothing all along."

" I hope it's a boy so I can inherit all my money plus I can finally teach him manly stuff. Not that I could do that with you"

"Well then, prepare to be disappointed," I hung up.

Dad also told me about what happened to Charles. I still can't believe she lied about being pregnant, didn't she think people would find out eventually. Charles must have been devastated. Although a part of me is glad that it happened. It gave me a second shot at happiness. And then there's the other part of me that wants to run back to him.

In my new sitting room, sitting beside me was Andrew. He's a new friend and a gynaecologist in training.

"Isn't it ironic that he is in a job where he has to look at female genitals all day even though he's into the opposite?" Samantha always says.

Yes, he's gay.

He's here because he is supposed to help me study but right now the only thing he was 'helping' with was Keeping up with the Kardashians. He's the reason why every night at eight p.m I have to turn the tv on to watch Keeping up with the Kardashians, once you get into it, it's more addicting than you think.

"Babe, are you listening to me?" Andrew said.

"Yes," I said bringing me out of my thoughts.

He rolled his eyes. He was already used to it, I was always lost in my thought.

For some reason since the first day we met, he always calls me babe.

"I'll be in my room for a bit, I'm going to take a nap," I announced.