Chapter eleven: What really happened

Elizabeth's POV

*Earlier that day*

After last night I was so exhausted. How can my parents force me into marriage? In fact, they were the ones who told me I was too young to get married.

I was brought out of my thoughts by my phone's vibration. I had put it on silent not wanting disturbances.

I quickly answered my phone without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello, who is this," I asked annoyed.

"I can see that you clearly didn't check your caller ID, again" I recognized her voice.

"Oh my gosh, Lily is this you," I said cheerfully.

"The one and only," She answered in her usual cocky tone.

"I missed you much. How are you?" I asked.

It wasn't too long ago since I last saw them but in this misery, it felt like a lifetime.

Alison and I met her during high school. Since then we have been best friends.

"I'm good. I'm on my way to your place." She said.

She hung up the phone before I could say anything else.

"Okay," I whispered to myself.

Lily made it in five minutes, she must have been around the corner when she called.

After her arrival, we started talking. Mostly about my problems and how my life sucked.

"I can't believe you went through all that and you didn't even bother calling me." She said.

I was surprised by her reaction. She was always that one friend who taught me to be grateful even when life sucked. She was good at giving advice, the reason why she was a phycologist (in training).

"I just thought you were too busy to be listening to my problems," I whined.

"You know what?" She said a smirk forming on her face. I know that smirk, only bad ideas came out of it. "Let's just forget about everything tonight and party." She suggested.

She started jumping up and down on my bed excited.

"By party, you mean going to a night club and get drunk," I said looking up at her confused.

Lily was always the responsible one, except when she was drunk.

"You bet." She said giving me a thumbs up and a wide grin.

"No thanks. I'll rather die with my dignity." I said.

I rested my head on my pillow staring at the ceiling.

"Come on, just this once. In fact, you don't even have to get drunk." She said, giving me her puppy dog eyes, I just couldn't resist.

I exhaled defeatedly shaking my head at her.

"Okay fine," I said. "But no alcohol." I insisted.

"Yes," she yelled jumping off the bed.

"Why don't you go and get dressed into something sexy. Maybe some sexy lingerie," she said flirtatiously.

I threw a pillow at her shaking my head.

"I'll be going now," she announced. "I'm going to go find something to wear. I'll pick you up at five." She said.

"Okay, great," I muttered sarcastically.

She kissed me on the cheek before leaving the house

"Don't wear any of your grandma clothes!" She yelled shutting the front door.