Chapter 19 - Happiest Since Married

Three months later,

Three months later,

I lay in bed, listening to the sounds coming from the television, just outside the bedroom and just near the kitchen. The sounds receded a moment later, replaced by the sound of frying pan above a fire. Propping up on my elbows, I looked out at the ocean. A couple of kids were chatting on the shore, their surfboards tucked under their armpits. The clock on the nightstand said it was 9:48 A.M. Music drifted from the kitchen now, making me smile.

Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand.

The hem of the white curtains was almost touching the granite ceiling now, our clothes carelessly scattered on the white marble floor. The air was thick with the smell of brine & sex. Collecting the chiffon nightdress from the floor, I slipped it on, brushed my teeth and made the bed afterward. The song had changed into something melancholy. I couldn't make it out until I stepped inside the kitchen.

  The night is my companion, and solitude my guide

Would I spend forever here and not be satisfied?  

The door to our room faced the staircase. In the left, we had the kitchen and the dining room. As always, the kitchen was squeaky clean, every surface highly glossy. It had an L-shaped counter with two burners just below the chimney and a sink on the far left. Inside, on the right was the refrigerator and the cupboards, definitely a high-maintenance. 

Silas was in front of a burner, concentrated on the pan in his hand, unaware of his tee-shirt clinging against his body in sweat, wearing trousers that needed some good peeling off.

"Good morning," I grinned, placing a loud and wet kiss on Silas's cheek, feeling his stubble on my lips as I passed him by, purposefully brushing my ass against his legs. He let out a boyish chuckle, the spoon in his hand hovering now. He had managed to rustle up some good ole pancakes, having done with the smoothies.

"Good morning, Signora." He walked towards me and took my mug from my hand, insisting on pouring my coffee.

"Grazie," I smiled, leaning against the white granite counter, jiggling my left foot, my eyes still on him. Once done the serving, Silas faced me, his hand shooting up to caress my face.

"I take it. You slept well."

"Very well, indeed. Thanks to you." I kept my smile prominent until he dropped down to give me a gentle kiss. Instinctively, I swung my arms around his neck, letting him press my body along the length of his. With a silly smile, he carried me, walking around the counter towards the breakfast stools.

"Silas, I'll have to go down..." I murmured between kisses, watching his eyes grow curious. "...to Latteria. I'll do some shopping for Christmas. Grocery."

His eyebrows knitted together as he set me down on one stool, not happy. "I don't think it's safe. The weather was worse yesterday. The road might be a little slippery."