Chapter 21- Do Not Touch

A/N: Do listen to this song while reading. This is one of the Dalas songs that I absolutely adore. I guess I will post a chapter with the playlist when I am done with the book. Hope you enjoy. 

"Does it hurt here?" Dr

"Does it hurt here?" Dr. Luigi pressed one finger at a spot beside my wound. It didn't.

"Here." The spot changed this time.

"A little," I nodded, my fingers absentmindedly tapping on the leather underneath.

We were in a local hospital at Salerno, approximately one hour away from the villa. The only nearest English-speaking doctor was in the Azienda Sanitaria, more precisely here. Luigi was a man in his fifties or probably in his early sixties, with shiny gray hair sleeked back on the top of his head. His eyes were a familiar blue that reminded me of my dad. 

"How did you say you cut yourself again?" He looked up.

"A coral. I was swimming."

"You should be more careful down there in the water, young lady." His accent was clean, a little hint of British visible strangely. The Italian trill in the R or the occasional E in the end of words were not there. 

"Your English, it's not like..." I trailed off as he stood up and walked across the room, his white shirt bright contrast to the yellow walls behind him. He rummaged through a drawer when he interjected, "I spent about a decade in Bristol. Must have caught a little of that. Your English doesn't sound Italian either, Signora."

I smiled briskly, "I spent a lot of time traveling. Mostly in the West."

"That explains." He proceeded to dress my wound once done with the sterile gloves. I had been injected, dressed and assured when I pushed my long skirt down to cover the wound. Slipping the sandals on, I went through the sliding door and into Luigi's chamber. It was a cramped area with two Aeron chairs before the desk for the patients and one of them on the other side for the doctor. The walls were painted Santorini blue and gray, matching the poor choice of curtains. Luigi was writing my prescription, sitting on the edge of his desk, solemn.

"Miss Ricci, how's the leg now?" He pointed at my navy blue maxi skirt, towards my wound which was now bandaged properly.

"Pretty good."

"Here's your prescription. You'll find the medicines just outside the hospital. There's a pharmacy across the street."

"And the antibiotics?"

"Same with them," he smiled genuinely. "The gentleman you came here with, is he your relative?"

"My hus... fiance," I responded with a smile as I stuffed the prescription into my purse. 

"Can I talk to him?"

"Sure."