34

TODAY is the day that he’s been waiting for. Magiging kanya na si Vanessa, ang babaeng mahal.

“You ok Bro?” Nick, his best man patted his shoulder. They were standing at the end of the aisle patiently waiting for his woman.

“Yeah.” Sagot nya. Hindi man lang nya nagawang tignan ang pinsan. His eyes were focused on the small curtain on the other end where Van will be entering in a few moment. Ayaw nyang may makaligtaan na kahit isang detalye sa paglakad nito palapit sa kanya.

I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in and follow my lead

“Damn!” hindi nya mapigilan ang namuong luha sa kanyang mata ng makita si Van.

Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

“Bro!” inabot ni Nick sa kanya ang panyo. He wiped the tears falling from his eyes. He was consumed with much emotions he never knew he would ever feel. Pakiramdam nya ay sasabog ma ang puso mya.  This is more than the combination of love, happiness, contentment, admiration, respect and amazement he have for Van.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time

“She is so beautiful. So fucking beautiful.” Hinayaan nya nalang na malaglag ang kanyang luha. Ayaw nya na itong pumasan dahil ayaw nyang pumikit at palampasin na masaksihan ang paglalakad nito palapit sa kanya. With her white conservative style ballgown. Light make up and side curly hair. She looks so gorgeous, she is hundred times amazing. She looks like the queen of all angels in the sky. Hindi nya alam kung ano bang magandang bagay ang nagawa nya at biniyayaan sya ng panginoon ng ganito kagandang regalo but, whatever it is, he is thankful for that.

But darling, just kiss me slow
Your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine

“I love you.” He mouthed when their eyes met. And when she said I love you back ay parang lumukso ang kanyang puso. He is totally whipped he knows that. Bawat galaw nito na kahit simpleng pagngiti sa kanya ay nakakapag bigay ng hindi matatawarang kasiyahan. He was so amazed how she managed to make him fall for her over and over.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark
With you between my arms

Nang ilang hakbang nalang ito sa kanya ay nakita nya ang pagpatak ng luha sa mata ni Van. Kalakip ng luha na iyon ang kinang ng mata nito.

Barefoot on the grass
Listening to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess

“I love you so much Vanessa.” He keep on whispering. Sana ay maramdaman ni Van sa pamamagitan ng kanyang pagtitig dito kung gaano nya ito kamahal.

I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it,

Naughty, you look perfect tonight.” Sinabayan nya ang kanta na paborito ni Van.

Nang huminto ito sa kanyang tapat ay pinakatitigan nya ang dalaga. She is indeed perfect, her face, her body, her eyes, her heart, her soul. Everything about her is perfect. And he is damn lucky guy for having the most perfect girl in the world.

“Iho, alagaan mo si Vanessa. Wag na wag mo na syang paiiyakin dahil sinasabi ko sayo. Babawiin ko ang anak ko.” Bilin ng ama nito bago ibigay sa kanya ang kamay ni Van.

“Makakaasa po kaya Dad.”

Niyakap muna nito ang anak bago tuluyang iabot sa kanya.

Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own