Chapter 5-Game

When I woke up I noticed that we were still in the car but we had stopped at what seemed to be a gas station. When I tried to get up to have a better look out the window I noticed that I was now being encaged by Jonathan's arms. I couldn't help but feel embarrassed, I mean I was never really one to receive hugs, let alone cuddles from a guy. Though I will admit that it was comfortable.

I shifted a bit and the small bit of movement preformed by me caused him to wake up slowly. His eyes fluttered open and I could practically feel his lungs intake air as his breaths became less shallow. When he realized that he was clinging onto me he let go immediately and looked away from me with a slight tint on his cheeks which could have been from the heat.

"Sorry Y/N it's just that I used to sleep with a Teddy, I stopped a while ago but sometimes I will wake up latching my pillow. I guess I'm not quite over it." He chuckled awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck as a yawn erupted from his throat.

I found it cute that a man like him would sleep with a stuffed animal and truth be told I still did too. It was a comfort for me in many ways. Emotional in my mental state and physical in warmth. The teddy bear would hug me when no once else would, he may not have been able to hug back but it felt good to hold something. The warmth and it's presence made me feel wanted even though it was just a stuffed bear.

"That alright Jon, I mean Jonathan. I myself sleep with stuffed animals from my childhood for they kept me company while I cried at night for the past 16 years. I mean I don't cry myself to sleep every night." I laugh it off, as I always had.

"Y/N please, I know it isn't easy to forget the past but just know that you wont be seeing them ever again and you now have friends who will always be there for you, also you can call me Jon." He placed his hand on my arm and I felt awkward at first but grew into it soon.

"Cool, I have never had a nickname given to me except for all the nasty ones but beside the point I actually like my name. It is apart of who I am even if it was given to me by my parents." This led to silence, not awkward but a sweet and calming silence. 

"Hey while we wait for Luke, which could be a while trust me he gets distracted easily, we should play a game." I was a bit confused but felt like it could make the time go bye so I let go of the confusion.

"Sure Jon why not what do you have in mind." I twist my body to face him, seeing his disheveled clothing from the car ride and messed up hair. It makes me want to laugh but I don't.

"I was thinking we could start with 20 questions so that we can get to know each other better." His words seemed a bit hesitant as if afraid of me shutting the idea down.

"Sure, but when you ask a question you have to answer it yourself, you ask me first" I added that rule so that we could get to know each other better and faster.

"Birthday? Mine is May 2 1987" I nodded to his response, keeping it in mind for the future.

"Y/Bday 1991, Favorite colour, mine is Y/F/C" 

"Sky blue. What do you do in your free time?, I play video games" I guess this was rapid fire, fine with me to be honest.

"Read, Eat, video games and the good old internet. What is your favorite food? I love all food, if you give me food I will eat it, especially chocolate." That was far too true, food would always be my best friend. Jon chuckles at my answer, hitting his knee in laughter.

"Well I would have to say the same, all food but Burgers are probably my favorite. If you were to be famous what would it be for? I would like to be famous for making people laugh but not a comedian in particular." I heard an underlying tone to his voice, as if what he said was an inside joke with himself.

"When I was younger I had always dreamed of becoming a singer but my family said that I was terrible so that flew out the window so I guess that. " I believe that every kid has wanted to be a singer, a popstar but of course many of us actually sucked.

"Y/N you shouldn't believe them, here sing now and I'll tell you how wrong they were"

"Thanks Jon but I just can't sing in front of people, anxiety." Jon's face turns apologetic immediately.

"Sorry for asking, wait can I ask the question again if you don't mind." I gave him a slight nod."What profession or job would you get into if time and money weren't an issue? I think I would be a ninja." He did some ninja moves after saying this to which I faintly smiled at. I knew exactly what I would do, it was what had caused all of this 

"I would find a job related to gaming, either making games, helping to design the, testing games or playing them online for people."

"Like youtube" Jon cut me off, I gave another nod. It looked like Jon wanted to ask me something but at that moment Luke came into the car and he shut his mouth. 

" Don't worry Y/N they wont hurt you no more, I promise that"