Chapter 27-Police

I woke up and immediately knew that I wasn't in bed. My eyes gazed around to see that I had slept in the theater room. My mind went back to the previous night, I had finally felt happy for the first time in my life. I finally felt at peace with my past, I feel like I can move on as long as I believe in myself and not let the words of my family haunt me. I tried to slip off the couch when I was suddenly pulled back towards it from my waist.

I looked down to see two arms wrapped around me in a protective manner. I turned my head enough to see Jonathan, eyes closed and a smile on his lips. I thought he was asleep so I went to get off the couch only to be pulled back again.

"Don't leave me Y/N." Jon's voice sounded different than normal, it was deeper and some might say attractive.

"Let me go, Jon, I'm hungry." I tried to wiggle out of his grasp only to have him tighten his arms.

"So am I but food can wait, I just want to spend some time with My Queen." Jon then turned me around so that I was facing him. I saw that his eyes were half open before he pulled me towards his chest.

"Jon, why are you calling me My Queen?" I know what you're saying, way to ruin the moment Y/N but hey I'm a curious person who needs answers.

"You, Y/N, are My Queen because I want to make you happy and give you the world because you deserve it. I want to protect you and stand by you through thick and thin. I have saved you once and won't hesitate to do it again. And most of all you rule over something very important and something that can't be replaced, something I need in order to live."

"And what would that be?"

"My heart. My Queen owns my heart and it is up to her to use it in whatever way she wants to." Jon places a lingering kiss on my forehead at the end. My heart swelled at his words, I had never thought that someone would think of me like that.

"Jon, did you happen to practice that?"

"Yes, was it too cheesy?"

"Nah it was sweet but still cheesy." I kissed his cheek this time but as I pulled back Jon quickly pecked my lips.

"Good thing your not lactose and tolerant then." (Sorry if you are.) I laughed at his joke and rested my head against his chest. Jon placed his chin on top of my head and let out a sign of comfort but this moment of peace was quickly interrupted by a ring of a doorbell.

"Who could that be?" Jonathan and I untangled ourselves and stood up before stretching out our bones. "I'll go get the door". Jon began to walk to the door so I decided to head to the kitchen to grab something for us to eat.

As I walked to the kitchen I heard Jon open the door and greet the person who stood on the other side. I didn't hear what the other person said and had no clue as to how it was but I could tell that it was a man from his voice.

I opened the fridge and grabbed some eggs some eggs and vegetables to make an omelet. I also picked up a peach to snack on while cooking. Just as was about to turn the stove on I heard Jon calling me.

"I'm coming." I wondered why Jon was calling me, was it because of who was at the door? I brought my peach along because a girl's gotta eat. As I turned the corner to where Jon's voice came from I was surprised at who stood beside Jon.

A Policeman

"Good morning, Miss Y/N. I'm Officer Burns and I'm here to ask you a few questions in concern of your family."

My eyes widened, palms turned sweaty and my knees began to wobble, my peach slipped out of my hands and rolled across the floor. Jon noticed and came beside me and put an arm around my waist.

"Why don't we talk in the living room Officer." Officer Burns eyes Jon's arm before he nodded at us to lead the way.

Every step felt like I had boulders tied to my legs and every breath I took felt as if someone was seated on my chest. Jon tightened his grip and leaned down to my ear and quietly told me to calm down and that everything will be okay before placing a kiss in my hair.

We finally reached the living room where Jon and I sat on the love-seat couch while Officer Burns sat across from us.

"So Y/n, I take it that you know why I am here based off of your behavior." I nodded. "That means you have seen the news recently." I nodded once more. "And then you know how your parents are looking for you and how concerned they are, why don't you tell me what happened."

I took a deep breath and looked at Jon who nodded back as to tell me to tell him the truth. "Well Officer Burns, My family and I had gone on a trip to Philadelphia to go to PAX Unplugged, there I met Jon and me being an adult decided to leave my family so that I could live my life." I was surprised at how composed I remained, I didn't speak of the abuse my family put me through due to the fear I had of them.

"Miss, I don't believe you've told me everything." And at that I broke down, the tears came slowly till they became waterfalls. Jon rubbed my back, drawing slow circles as to calm me down. "Miss, why don't you take a deep breath and Jonathan was it, can you get her some water?"

Jon left but quickly returned with a bottle of water which I gladly accepted. I stopped the tears and looked up at the officer with eyes filled with rage from what my parents did to me.

"You're right I didn't tell you everything...I didn't tell you how badly my parents treated me before we came here, how they physically, mentally and emotionally broke me down and how they treated me as if I was only there to be a servant for them. I didn't tell you why we went to PAX, well it was because they took away the one thing I enjoyed in this world a few months ago and turned it into torture. And I didn't tell you how Jon here and his friend Luke saved me, but not once did they force me to do anything. "

The officer seemed surprised by my outburst and at the information of how my parents treated me. "I'm sorry Miss, this changes everything. We thought that this man had kidnapped you and that you had fallen into Stockholm Syndrome. Your family is actually at the station right now, waiting for you because we told them that we had spotted you with a man. They are pretending to be shocked and heartbroken from losing you if what you say is true. You two get ready, I'll be waiting outside to take you down there so that we may give your folks what they deserve. Take all the time you need miss. I'm sure you feel pretty lost right now. And you sir, I'd like to commend you and you're friends behavior, be sure to take care of her."

With that the officer stood up and went towards the door to, I'm assuming wait for us in his car like he said he would.

"Hey Y/N, let's go get ready so that we can show your parents that good will always win" I looked at Jon and nodded as he helped me stand up. All of the fear I had in regards to my parents had finally turned into the power to fight back, and my how I was going to fight back.

A/N

I think the end is unfortunately near unless you guys don't want it to end. I would also like to thank breannaogburn for their support on the story. Hope you all have an amazing week!!!