Chapter 28-"Family"

Jonathan and I were seated in the back seat of Officer Burns police car. I had always wanted to see the inside of these but in the current situation, I wished that I wasn't in it. It hadn't been too long since I was with my family but I didn't know if I could see them for I had finally begun to feel happy due to Jon.

I wanted to prove to my family that I didn't need or want them in my life and to make an initial statement I decided to wear something that I would have never been allowing to wear with them. I didn't want to show them that I feared them to any degree and that included how I presented myself to them from my choice of clothing.

My parents had always been ones to strive away from the sight of skin to others, meaning that I couldn't even wear t-shirts, skirts, dresses, and shorts unless I was wearing leggings or a cardigan to hide the skin that was being shown. They were also against anything that showed my form too much, believing that it would cause men to go crazy. Then the added bonus of them body shaming me that drove me away from wearing those things personally.

 Then the added bonus of them body shaming me that drove me away from wearing those things personally

I looked out of the car's window and followed the buildings rushing by and the other cars driving by. I took a shaky, deep breath to try and calm the nerves that were ruling over my body. I thought about all the things that could go wrong but was drawn out of my thoughts by Jon squeezing my hand. I turned my head to see him giving me a supportive smile, I gave him a weak one back in order to not freak him out but he caught onto my amazing acting and grabbed my hand with both of his before placing a delicate kiss on the back of my hand.

"Calm down My Queen, it'll be fine. You're the victim here not them just be sure to not let their words get into your head." Jon's words calmed me down and my breathing slowly returned to its normal pace.

Too soon the police station came to view and all of a sudden we were parked outside of the main doors.

"I'm going to go in and check some stuff. You to stay here and I'll be back to get you. Miss, I want you to know that we will make sure that your family won't cause any more damage to you and that we won't just turn our backs on this."

"They aren't my family." My eyes turned to look at the officer while speaking and I could practically hear the hate that was leaking off of my own words. The officer seemed to notice too because he simply nodded and left to do whatever he needs to do before we confront my family.

"Y/N, look at me." I looked down and refused to look Jon's way before I felt him crept closer to me. A tear slipped out of my eye and I let what I thought o be a silent sob.

"No, no, My Queen, don't cry. They don't deserve your tears." Jon somehow turned me around in order to face him. He placed two fingers under my chin that was still facing the floor and slowly brought my face up and level to his. He moved his hand to cup my cheek before dragging his thumb over my face in order to wipe away the few tears that had escaped my eyes. He brought my head towards his chest and began to run his fingers through my hair while humming a slow and beautiful tune.