Chapter 19-New Home

(Don't Play the Song Yet)

Y/N's Perspective

I walked out of the bathroom all ready to go on the long drive to where was it again? Never mind I'll ask later. Well, the plan is that I'll be staying with Jonathan until I find a stable job and a place my own or I just ride the waves of life, I guess you could say. I still have no idea what profession they're in, I probably should ask them. I don't wanna be too much of a burden on them if they don't make as much as their car suggests.

" Hey, are ya ready to go Y/N?" Luke asked me as I walked towards my bag, so I could place my items.

" Yep, I'm ready to go, just wanna pack up these items and then we can head on out to wherever we're going." I ended up staying with a questioning tone at the end since I still don't remember where they live.

"Judging by the uncertain voice you had there I'm gonna have to guess that you forgot where we're going. We are going to North Carolina where you living with John until you don't want to or are stable enough to live somewhere else." I nodded in response to Luke.

" So what are we waiting for let's head on out of this hotel and get back on to the extremely fun road in our incredible roomy car" Luke and I rolled our eyes at the clear sarcasm laced in Jonathan's voice.

-- Time skip---

We've been on the road for about an hour and I'm already dying. Last time I was asleep but this time. Ugh let me tell you, you do not wanna be on a car ride with two grown men who act like children the whole time.

I looked into the front seats to see the boys attempting to dance while "singing/rapping" along to a random song I've never heard of. I saw this is the perfect opportunity to finally sing a bit. When I was growing up with my "family". It has always been a form of refuge for me. It was a way to let out my anger without hurting anyone around me. So I began singing in the most hushed whisper that you could ever sing in.

  (Play the Song)

Down by the water, under the willow
Sits a lone ranger, minding the willow
He and his wife, once lived happily
Planted a seed, that grew through the reeds
Summers and winters, through snowy Decembers
Sat by the water close to the embers
Missing out the lives that they once had before

I look down at my lap and continue to sing.

I wouldn't leave you
I would hold you
When the last day comes
What if you need me
Won't you hold me
On the last day, our last day

Mr. & Mrs., dreamed of a willow
Carving their names, into their willow
If he had spoken, love would return
Spoken inside, too soft to be heard
Summers and winters, through snowy Decembers
Sat by the water, remembering embers
Missing out the lives that they once had before

(Turn the Song off)

I  noticed that the car seemed eerily quiet so I looked up only to find the two men looking at me with wide eyes. I didn't know what to say to do since no one had ever heard me sing in years but I knew that I was bad because of my family as I told Jon in our game yesterday. "Sorry for making your ears bleed, your ears may never be the same since you heard me sing"

"Y/N...That.. was..."

  "Amazing." Jon finished for Luke

 "I don't even have words right now"

"There is no need to.." Jon cut me off "No Y/N we aren't lying, that was so good. I think that your family was just jealous of your talent when they told you that you couldn't sing."

"Well thank you, but I don't think that I'll sing in front of people just yet"

------Time Skip----

We had finally made it, we'll almost. Jon said that we were about a block from his house and that my new life was about to begin. We started to slow down till we eventually came to a stop in front of a house. It looked just like a normal house but to me it was the best house in the whole world, cause this house was where I would find my future in. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Jon say " Say Hello to your new home Y/N"

 I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard Jon say " Say Hello to your new home Y/N"