Seven

Lai Guanlin

Back to school, it was Monday. One thing was different about Yunbi was that...she is completely cold than yesterday. Her cold action strikes again this week. The boys' behavior were the same as usual, sending gifts and trying to talk to her. I rubbed the back of my neck. No one else here knew about her true colour, except for the girls.

Once I entered the school building, people looked at me and smiled like I did something bad or good. I scratched my head, not knowing what was going on to happen.

Entering the class and people were still looking, made me anxious. But then, I saw boxes on my desk. I guess those were my admirers. I picked one of them, reading a small sticky note;

"Happy 17th birthday, Lai Guanlin :) " - Han Yunbi

H-han Yunbi? She sent a gift for me? Wait, my birthday?

"Is today my birthday?"

"Yes, you idiot. Happy Birthday, Linlin" Daehwi said, stacking up a few gifts that fell down onto his desk. "How will you carry these to the dorm?"

"I'll ask hyungs" I answered. Both of us put them on the floor just behind us. I saw Yunbi glanced at me and smiled. I blushed again. Why is her smile affected on me? I then smiled back at her.

"Ayy~ you two like each other, eh? There's love in the air," Daehwi elbowed me like he was joking around.

"N-no! Stupid. She doesn't like me" I frowned.

"How do you know? Wait, did you confessed?"

"Shut up, Daehwi" I didn't confessed to her yet. I just need some time to close to her then I will confess to her. But sometimes, I really wanted to confess to her whenever we meet up. Sigh, how will I ever confess my feelings?

"What's up, dongsaengs'" Baejin suddenly interrupted our talked. "Why is Linlin feeling down? He didn't liked his presents?"

"No, he is desperate about something" Daehwi answered, yawned a bit. I sighed as I looked at Yunbi again who was talking to Somi and Sejeong.

I didn't paid any attention to these boys, instead thinking of Yunbi again...I'm so sick and crazy about her. Ugh, why had she came into my life? I was spacing out until I heard Baejin said "Cube will having a new girls' group" I quickly turned to face him, widened my eyes as I am in disbelieved.

"Are you sure, Jinyoung? Why didn't I knew it before you, even though I'm one of the Cube" I asked him, tilting my head.

"If that's true, Yunbi might be apart of the group" Daehwi stated after he snapped his fingers. We weren't sure if it was true or not because Baejin said it was only a rumour from other students outside of the school. It may be a false rumour because I didn't get any notices about it.

Pentagon's Wooseok hyung called me earlier after school that he wanted me to come to Cube Entertainment. He didn't tell me any details why he had called me to go there. I have no choice but to go because maybe there's an announcement for us from CEO.

Since Seungwoo hyung got his driving license, he drove me to Cube. Once we got there, I stepped out of his car, bid goodbye to him. I tend to enter the building and I saw Seonho is here too. He came to me and greeted as if we are siblings like we didn't see each other. The last time we met up was after Produce 101 has ended.

"Do you know what are you doing here?" Seonho asked.

"I'm not sure. Wooseok hyung told me to come so, I came. Wait, I'll try to call him" I took out my phone, dialing hyung's number. It took 10 seconds for him to pick his phone up. "Hyung, I am here now. Where are you?"

"Oh, at the 4th floor. Try to look for the room that has labeled 'New project'" he said, giving the direction.

"Alright, thanks. See ya" I hung up the phone. I told Seonho to follow me to where we gonna meet up with Pentagon.

As soon as we get up to the 4th floor, both of us hurriedly to the room labeled 'New Project'. It doesn't took us long to find it, opened the door and revealed the CEO, his assistant, six girls and three Pentagon hyungs sat on each of their seats. Me and Seonho entered the room and sat on a chair.

I looked at the unfamiliar looking girls waited here...no sign of Yunbi. I felt a bit sad just because she is not here. But why were the girls here though? Was the rumour right then? Seonho and I faced each other, made our 'not-knowing-anything' faces.

"Just wait a bit more. One more member will be here" the assistant's said. So it is right. A new girls' group will form. He said that one member will be here so, there is a chance that Yunbi will be here and participates this new group, right?

The door creaked opened...it's Yunbi! Oh Gosh! Is she a part of the group? "Is this room for the new project?"

"Yes, it is. Take a seat" she did as she was being told. "Alright, let's begin" the CEO stood up from his sit, started to talk about the new project.

Yunbi didn't noticed me when she entered. I guess she is nervous, maybe. I mean, what she did was also as the same as I did seven months ago when I got into an orientation as a trainee. I hope she will do her best and try to make herself comfortable in Cube.

[A/N: This chapter is kinda short, right? I promise I will do longer than this. To be continue]