5

Royal general Yiban (Zhanshi's Father)

Lady Chiteng (Zhanshi's Mother)

Lady Xing

Lady Xing

Deng (Lady Xing's son)

Three years later

Today is the day that Lady Xing's son Deng will be crowned Royal General. Originally, the title belonged to Zhanshi. However, since Royal General Yiban demoted his mother to mistress, Zhanshi lost his right to the title.

As all the servants and maids in Yiban manor rush to finish putting the final touches on everything for the event, in the main living quarters, in the large manor, Royal General Yiban, Lady Xing, and her son Deng are discussing the logistics of the crowning.

As Royal General Yiban finishes telling a bored Deng about what to expect during the passing of the title, with a soft and sympathetic smile on her pretty face, lady Xing softly voiced to Royal General Yiban, "Daring, shouldn't we invite Mistress Chiteng and her son Zhanshi as well?"

Upon hearing what his mother had just said, a visible frown can be seen on Deng's face and he is quick to voice in a harsh tone, "Why should we invite them?".

--------------------------------------------------------

Ever since the day that Lady Xing came into the manor till the present time, it is no new knowledge that Deng and Zhanshi do not get along. Throughout the years they have even physically fought multiple times. Thus, Royal General Yiban, is not even a little surprised or affected by Deng's harsh words towards Zhanshi and mistress Chiteng.

As Royal General Yiban thinks if he should invite mistress Chiteng and Zhanshi, Lady Xing adds, "Deng. Despite everything that has happened, they are still apart of this family. They should have a chance to participate in this grand event." Her soft and caring words towards mistress Chiteng and Zhanshi cause Deng to give her a cold glare, but made all the maids, servants and Royal General Yiban admire her kindness.

Sighing to himself, Royal General Yiban tells a nearby maid, "Deliver an invitation to Mistress Chiteng and Zhanshi right away." As the maid was just about to head off to complete the tasks, Lady Xing quickly stops the maid and tells her, "I will personally go invite her. I don't want Mistress Chiteng to get offend."

Smiling at how kind and thoughtful his wife is, Royal General Yiban tells her, "Darling, you don't have to do so much. Sending a maid is more than enough." But Lady Xing just tells him, "I don't want her to feel that we don't care about her that's why we're sending a maid to deliver the invite. So i'll go and invite her."

After giving another sigh, Royal General Yiban orders Lady Xing's two personal soldiers to escort Lady Xing to the south wing and tells them to informed mistress Chiteng that since Lady Xing is personally going to invite her, she must attend.

--------------------------------------------------------

Once they arrive to the south wing, after the soldier informs the elderly maid Ju to tell mistress Chiteng of Lady Xing's arrival and the important message that they are delivering. The maid reluctantly escorted them to lady Chiteng's room.

As they enter the small but well adorn room, they see that lady Chiteng appears to have aged more. Her eyes now seems duller and her complex is paler than when they last saw her. As the soldier announces lady Xing's arrival to mistress Chiteng, and expected mistress Chiteng to turn around and bow in respect, she instead ignores them and just continues to blankly stare out the window.

Seeing that mistress Chiteng is blatantly disrespecting lady Xing by not acknowledging her arrival, one of the soldiers knitted his brows together and coldly tells mistress Chiteng, "Mistress Chiteng lady Xing has travel all this way to deliver an invitation to you. Royal General Yiban will not be happy to hear of your blatant disrespect of Lady Xing. Correct yourself at once." But the soldier's words appears to fall on deaf ears. Seeing that his threat had no effect on her, the soldier walked over to the chair that mistress Chiteng sat in and in a sudden motion yanked her by the arm and tossed her to the ground.

His abrupt action caused the elder maid Ju to yelp in surprise and the other soldier to widen his eyes. "Royal General Yiban will not tolerate your disrespectful actions towards Lady Xing. Now correct yourself this instant or I will punish you on behalf of the Royal General." The soldier says in a cold tone as he towers over her weak form.

As the elder maid Ju quickly kneels and begs lady Xing to forgive Mistress Chiteng's action, a sarcastic smile begins to form on mistress Chiteng's face as she softly laughs, "Even a mere low class soldier has the audacity to give me orders now. Hah."

Upon hearing mistress Chiteng calling him a mere low class soldier, an icy glint flashes in the soldier's eyes and he quickly unsheathes his sword and swings it towards Mistress Chiteng's neck.

A/N: I am super busy, but wanted to get the chapter out, So there may be more errors than usual.