47

As Lui and Zhanshi by pass the two guards by the gate, they were both shocked by Zhanshi's cold, aggravated expression and couldn't help from gasping in shock. Likewise, all the unfortunate servants and maid that encounter Zhanshi and Lui had the same reaction and couldn't help but feel sympathy towards Lui and wonder what he did to have made Zhanshi so angry.

Zhanshi on the other hand paid no attention to any of them and continue to drag Lui towards Shen's room. Once they finally arrive to the room, unlike his usual self, Zhanshi barged in without knocking first.

Shen of course had already sense Zhanshi's irritated aura and presence a while ago and was not surprised. He had even told Aixin to bring the babies into the bedroom and close the door for a bit, so Aixin won't have to witness Zhanshi's rage.

---

As Zhanshi drags a still slightly pale Lui towards Shen, Shen quietly stares at them and waited for Zhanshi to speak.

After about a minute, with his hand still locked around Lui's wrist, Zhanshi coldly voice out, "You need to pass all of Royal General Yan An's legacy to him". He turns his gaze to Lui at the word 'him'.

The sudden request surprised both Lui and Shen and confused Shen a little because Zhanshi was not someone who wanted anyone's inheritance, so he asks, "why?"

After taking in a deep breath, Zhanshi lets go of Lui's wrist and dejectedly says in a bitter tone, "he's carrying Yan An's child. So he should have access to Yan An's inheritance, even if it is not stated in Yan An's will."

Zhanshi's statement along with the bitterness in his tone and the sight of him crossing him arms in a sulking, child-like manner caused Shen to softly chuckle to himself and smirk. Lui on the other hand widen his eyes and then quickly narrow them as his sad, solemn aura abruptly changes to a furious one.

As Zhanshi and Shen look to Lui with curious eyes, Lui feels his heart beat quicker and quicker. However, unlike in the past, this heartbeat was because of anger and frustration instead of love. Lui wanted to shout at Zhanshi and cry his eyes out, but he finds that he couldn't. Instead, he just glares at Zhanshi as silent tears slowly continues to fall out of his red eyes before turning around and dashing out of the room, as he curses himself for turning into such a moody cry baby.

After shaking off the shock from his body, Zhanshi quickly tries to go after Lui, but was stopped by Shen.

As Zhanshi gives Shen a cold glare, Shen lets go of Zhanshi's left arm and calmly asks, "why are you go after him?"

With a 'are you serious' expression on his face, Zhanshi spat out "because he's crying." And tried to run after Lui again but was again stopped by Shen.

"What?!" Zhanshi asks in an irritated tone.

"Is that all. You have no other reasons to go after him?" Shen casually asks with his usual expressionless expression.

Having grown up with Shen, Zhanshi knew that Shen has probably already seen through his action and will not let him go until he fesses up. So after letting out an exasperated sigh, Zhanshi finally tells him, "...my heart tells me too  ...and I want to."

With this, Zhanshi sees Shen rise one of his eyebrows in a teasing 'ohhh' manner, and quickly adds, "I know it sounds stup- it doesn't matter anyway. He already has Yan An. I'm just being stupid.    ...you need to make sure that Yan An's fortune gets transfer to him though. He needs it to take care of his child, regardless if he's a god or not."

"hm. Since Yan An is already dead, he'll have to rise the child alone huh?" Shen asks in a nonchalant tone.

Zhanshi ends up sighing and combing thru his hair with his right hand as he tells Shen in a quite tone, "I'll be there... if... if he allows me to."

With that, Shen causally turns around and walks towards a seat as he tells Zhanshi, "By the way, it's not Yan An's child that Lui's carrying. It's yours."