41

By the time that Lui got back to the palace, his tears were already dried. And aside from the slight puffiness around his eyes, all signs that he had cried had disappeared, so both Zhu An and Aixin were oblivious to it. And Lui wanted to keep it that way.

As a result, throughout day he made sure to busy himself with work and limit the amount of time that he chatted with Aixin and Zhu An.

------------

When the day finally came to an end, as Lui lays quietly in his room (which is in Shen's guest room) and remembers the scene of the two girls laying naked around Zhanshi, he feels sadness, anger, and frustration slowly engulf him again.

As Lui thinks to himself, 'can that be consider cheating?!... But it wasn't Zhanshi's fault, right? But then how can he... why did he go to an escort house so soon. It hasn't even been t-'

Lui's thoughts were cut off by a sudden and loud knock.

Since Aixin and Zhu An were the only two people who would ever visit him in the palace, after letting out a soft sigh, Lui pulls the warm blanket off of him and slowly walks to open the door.

However, to his surprised the guest at the door is neither Aixin nor Zhu An, it is the very person he was just thinking about.

------------

"Hey, wh-" Zhanshi attempted say with his arm causally leaned on the door frame, but before he can even finish his words, Lui calmly closes the door in his face and then walks back to his bed.

While Zhanshi stands in the cold night air flabbergasted, a confused frown begins to form on his face.

Zhanshi had wonder to himself if he had done something to Aixin's brother that was worthy of a shoe to be thrown at his face, but nothing came to mind. Zhanshi thought and thought about it, but nothing came to him. That's why he decided to come asks Lui himself and to also return the shoe.

However, given the time of night Zhanshi wasn't even sure if Lui will still be up, so he was quite happy when Lui came to open the door, but then the door was closed in his face.

Sighing, Zhanshi realized that thinking to himself will not get him anywhere and decided to go into the room. Lucky for him Lui only closed the door and did not lock it.

-----------

Zhanshi made his way towards the neat bedroom and sees Lui laying calmly on the bed. Since it has only been one or two minutes since Lui opened the door, Zhanshi knew that Lui is not asleep yet and tried to get his attention, but Lui just continue to ignore him and pretend to be asleep. Seeing that Lui is set on ignoring him, an idea came to his head.

As Zhanshi's lips curve into a playful smirk, he quickly takes off his top robe and crawls next to Lui and then wraps his arms snuggly around Lui's body.

As he had predicted, the action prompted Lui to shoot his eyes open and when he saw that Zhanshi is half naked, a flash of heat engulfs his face.

------------

"w..what are you doing?" Lui asks, as he feels more heat burn his face.

Although Zhanshi had only plan to scare and shock Lui a bit, when he encased Lui in his arms, it just felt so right. So after quickly hiding the smirk on his face, Zhanshi decided to tightens his arms around Lui and squish their bodies together as he tells Lui in a matter of fact way "sleeping."

Lui wanted to scoff at his ridiculous excuse and tried to break free of Zhanshi's hold, but he couldn't and after a few minutes of squirming around, he began to feel quite comfortable in Zhanshi's embrace and ended up drifting into a nice, deep slumber.

-------------

When Lui woke up it was already near noon and Zhanshi is nowhere in sight. As he feels the cold area next to him, he began to wonder if he dreamt the whole thing up and feel tears begin to pool in his eyes, but he refused to let them fall and just calmly take in a deep breath and then prepare for his day.