26

Royal General Yan An's wing

"What do you mean he's not dead?!" Rui glare at Xiao

"I..I don't know either...But trust me. I promise to find a way to get rid of him." Xiao said with less confident than before.

"Urgh...how can I trust you when you've lied to me twice...You promised that you'll bring me the herbs but you didn't and you said that he'll die and all I had to do was wait a few hours...But now you're telling me he's still breathing" Rui scream at Xiao.

Startle, Xiao burtles out, "I...I.......I have a plan......um...um you said that Yan An like pretty people right?...What if we get Yan An to take an interested in Lui."

Given everything that had happen to her since she followed Xiao's plans, Rui just wanted to strangle Xiao but after thinking about what Xiao said for a while, Rui agree. If Yan An does take an interest in Lui then he'll stop seeing Rui and he'll also take Lui away from Zhanshi. It's killing two birds with one stone. So she agrees to the plan but told Xiao that if this plan fails, the one who will die will be Xiao.

--------------------------------------------------

Later in the night

Rui's room

As Rui pours Yan An another cup of alcohol, she gives Yan An a pretty smile and then casually tells him, "I heard that General Zhanshi's lover is a very beautiful man. Have you seen him?"

Upon hearing what Rui said, Yan An gave a loud laugh and tells her, "Hah...that loser can not even get a girl so he had to resort to a man.....ho ho ho"

Since Rui likes Zhanshi, she obviously did not like Yan An bad mouthing Zhanshi but she had a plan to set in motion, so she hid her frown and adds in a neutral manner, "I heard that the man is as beautiful as a god that's why Zhanshi took him in as a lover."

Upon hearing Rui's words, Yan An gave a disgusted huff and while he roughly pulls Rui into his embrace, he tells her in a threatening voice, "It sounds like you're interested in this man...i am right?"

Rui quickly shook her head but Yan An just gives her a nasty snarl and then violently push her down on the mattress.

--------------------------------------------------

Next morning

Yan An's office

As Yan An sat in his office, Rui's words echo in the back of his head and he thought to himself,

'Hmp...crazy woman. No matter how beautiful, no man will ever be able to replace a woman's beauty...I always knew that rat was a freak.'

However, even though Yan An thought that, he just can't seem to get Rui's words out of his head. Eventually, he decides to head towards Zhanshi's wing to look at this man for himself, just to confirm his thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------

As Yan An approach Zhanshi's wing, he was stopped by two nervous guards. However, since Yan An was a royal general, the two guards did not have the confidence/strength to forbid/stop him from entering.

As Yan An looks around Zhanshi's wing and smirks at how ordinary it is, he spots a young maid and calls out to her in his usual abrasive tone, "You. Come here, I have a question". Upon seeing who called out to her, the maid briskly made her way towards Yan An.

Once she is in front of Yan An, before she can even asks, "What can I do for you?" Yan An curtly tells her, "Where is that freak Zhanshi's male lover?"

--------------------------------------------------

As Xiao was heading towards her room, she heard someone call out to her in a very unfriendly, arrogant way and upon turning her head to the rude person, to her surprise it was Royal General Yan An.

Wondering if Rui and her plan had succeeded, Xiao dash towards Yan An and eagerly waited to hear what he wanted. Upon hearing him asks for Lui, Xiao could barely contain her smile and wasted no time in leading Royal General Yan An towards Zhanshi's room.

--------------------------------------------------

As they were just about to approach the room, the thought of Zhanshi also being in his room finally occur to Xiao and caused her to stop walking.

When Yan An saw that Xiao had stopped walking, he pulled his eyebrows together and huff out, "What?!"

Xiao slowly turns towards Yan An and with her head casts down she tells Yan An, "Zhanshi might be there....Um..I don't thi-"

But she was cut off by Yan An's loud, conceited laugh.

"Bwahahahahaha....is that what you're scary of...Bwahahahahaha..I will easily squash him if he dares challenge me. Now show me that man before i lose my patience!"

--------------------------------------------------

Xiao knows that Zhanshi is strong but Yan An is a royal general, so he has to be a lot stronger than Zhanshi. Xiao did not want Zhanshi to get hurt, so as she scrunches up her eyebrows and try to think about what to do, she hears a familiar voice echo from around the corner and quickly walks towards it.

--------------------------------------------------

Upon seeing Xiao walk forward, Yan An followed and when he looked around the corner to his surprise, as Rui had stated there was a beautiful man seating in the small lounge area near Zhanshi's room.

The man was indeed as beautiful as a god, and Yan An wasted no time in dashing towards the person. But just as he was about to near the person, he saw the Emperor and his male Empress walking up to the beautiful person.

Knowing that the emperor would most likely punish him if he is caught Trespassing. Yan An gritted his teeth, gave the beautiful person one last look, and then retreated back to his wing.

--------------------------------------------------

Later that night

Rui's room

As Yan An lays comfortable on his side, he tells Rui in an usually calm expressionless voice, "I saw that person."

Since Rui has seen Lui before, she knows that he is a very beautiful man, but since she wanted Yan An to escalate the situation she pretended to pay along. "Is that person as pretty as the rumors say?"

Yan An did not answer her but when she saw a possessive evil glint flash in Yan An's eyes, her soft lips curve into a nice smile and she tells Yan An, "If Royal General Yan An is interested, I know someone who works for general Zhanshi. I can ask them to bring the boy to Royal General....If you're interested."

Yan An was of course thrill to hear what she said and gave her an approving villainous smile as he thinks about all the things that he plans on doing to Lui.