20

As Xiao had predicted, when she explained to Zhanshi that she no longer wants to work in the restaurant/entertainment place and was hoping Zhanshi could get her a job at the palace as a maid, he offered her a job in his wing.

Rui was also able to contact Royal General Yan An and after promising to personally "entertain" him whenever he wants, he agrees to bring her into the palace to his wing.

From Rui's past experience with Royal General Yan An, she knows that he is a very controlling man and often uses underhanded methods to control the people around him. Thus, as she and Xiao stands outside the palace gates, before she took her first step into the palace, she made a mental note to not let the man gain control and manipulate her again.

------------------------------------------------

When they both finally enter the large gates, they were in awed and shocked at how beautiful the palace is when compared to the outside world.

As they turn their heads from side to side, trying to get a glimpse of everything, two maids interrupted their sightseeing and asks, "Which of you is Xiao/Rui?"

Rui can hear that the maid who was asking for Xiao had a calm nice tone, while the maid who was asking for her had visible disdain in her cold tone.

As they both part to go to their different residences, Xiao quickly tells Rui that she'll go find her tomorrow and then bid her farewell.

------------------------------------------------

As Rui nears Royal General Yan An's wing, she dreaded each step she took and her heart was pounding rapidly in her chest.

Once the maid shows her to the room that she is going to stay in, Rui frowned at how tiny and dirty it was. With her being the top escort at her old workplace, Rui was given the best room in the building. Thus, when she mentally compares the two, her frown deepens. However, seeing as there is not much she could do, she just gives a frustrated sigh and prepares to go to sleep.

Just as she was putting her clothes away in the small dresser by her bed, a knock startle her. As she anticipates whether to open the door or not, the person knocking, keyed in before she could finish her thoughts.

------------------------------------------------

"Rui, do you like your room" Royal General Yan An said with a smirk. Flinching at who it is that made his way into her room, Rui took an unconscious step back and nervously stutters out, "i..it's good."

As the words left her mouth, she saw Royal General Yan An's smirk turn into a frown and as he continues to walk towards her he tells her in a cold voice, "Don't tell me that you don't appreciate this room....Do you know that I had to kill its previous occupant to make room for you. Now, show me your graditute."

Since Rui is not stupid, she knew exactly what he wanted and knew that there was no way for her to escape. Thus, she reluctantly takes a step towards the tall buff man and slowly unties her dress as she tries to make the man comfortable.

------------------------------------------------

Next Morning:

Xiao found that she acutally liked the palace a lot, the chores that she had to do are a lot easier and her boss (Zhanshi) is very nice.

As she finished her chore for the day, Xiao decides to see what Zhanshi was up to and makes her way towards his room. However, as she walks around, she realized that she had no idea where Zhanshi's room actually was.

Quickly looking around her surroundings, she spots another maid and asks the maid, "Do you know where Zhanshi's room is?"

Upon hearing Xiao refer to Zhanshi with his name instead of his title, the maid frown a little but told her where Zhanshi's room was.

Once Xiao finally made her way to Zhanshi's room, she saw that Zhanshi was not there. After asking around for a bit, she learned that Zhanshi is at the Emperor's wing and as a matter of fact, he spends most of his time there.

------------------------------------------------

Xiao was not expecting to hear that because her plan was depended on having Zhanshi near them. Shaking her head, after finding out where the Emperor's wing is, Xiao makes her way there.

As Xiao arrives to Shen's wing, she was stopped by two guards and asked what her reason was to enter Shen's wing. She of course did not have a reason and quickly made one up.

"Brothers, I'm Zhanshi's new maid. I have some business with him and I am here to find him."

The two guards found it weird that Xiao was not referring to Zhanshi with his title because the only people who did that was the Emperor, the Empress (A/N - Aixin), and the Top Class soldier Heping when he's annoyed with Zhanshi's behavior. Even Rin has never refer to Zhanshi without his title. Furthermore, they found it suspicious that a maid would even come and find Zhanshi herself. Thus, knowing exactly what happened to the two guards before them, the guards quickly turn her down and told her to go back.

Xiao, however, did not want to go back. She was determined to meet Zhanshi today and foolishly tried to run past the two guards. They easily caught her and as they try to drag Xiao away from the gates, she continue to scream and kick.

------------------------------------------------

Well aware of the punishment that they'll received if they disturb the Emperor, the two guards tried to quiet her down, but she just kept screaming.

Eventually she came to a stop when a quiet voice interrupted their struggle.

"What are all of you doing?" Aixin curiously asks from inside the gate.

As the two guards widen their eyes in fear that they may have disturbed Shen and Aixin's time, Xiao took advantage of the opportunity and wiggled free from the guard's hold and ran towards Aixin pleading, "Please help me..I just want to see Zhanshi. I'm a friend of his."

Upon hearing that she was a friend of Zhanshi, Aixin gave her a bright smile and invited her into the wing.

------------------------------------------------

Thankful that she's in now, as she turns towards Aixin to thank him, she also asks, "Why did you help me?"

With a cheerful smile on his face, Aixin tells her, "Zhanshi is nice to me and he's important to me. So any friends of his is a friend of him....He's currently in a meet though. So do you want to wait for him. I can show you my pavilion."

------------------------------------------------

As Aixin and Xiao walk towards the pavilion, Xiao thought about what Aixin said and once they finally reached the Pavilion, she finally remember that Aixin was indeed there with Zhanshi on that day that Rui tried to take the drugs again.

Frowning, Xiao concluded that with Aixin's beauty, he must be the man that Zhanshi was going to marry and narrows her eyes darkly at him.

As she continues to glare daggers into the back on Aixin's head, she saw that he was stand quite close to the edge of the pavilion and an idea came to her.

As she smirks to herself and thank the gods for putting the idiot in front of her, she swiftly walks up behind Aixin and as Aixin was just about to turn around she push him over the edge of the pavilion. 

A/N : Royal General Yan An