9

A/N: Since i'm busy but want to post the story, from this point on just note that the grammar may be more horrible than usual because I 'll just be posting what I have written as soon as I finish it. I might come back and edit it later.

Next Day

Early Morning

Seeing that all of the kid's wounds and scars are gone, Zhanshi knew that the kid could wake up any moment and since the kid has barely consume any food, he knew that the kid will be hungry. Therefore, he quickly went to ask some maids to prepare a light soup for the kid.

As luck would have it, just as Zhanshi enters his room with the finished soup, the kid began stirring and slowly opening his eyes. Zhanshi quickly placed the soup on his round marble table and rush to the kid's side.

Once the kid had his eyes fully opened, he stares at Zhanshi with a blank look, then turns and looks around the room, then slowly push himself off the bed. As he gets to a sitting position, his stomach gives a loud growl, causing Zhanshi to laugh and walk over towards the soup.

Zhanshi poured some of the soup into a round ceramic bowl and carried it back to the boy. As Zhanshi offers the bowl of soup to the hungry boy, with an expressionless face, the boy just stares at him. Frowning, Zhanshi gives a small puff and tells the boy, "Don't worry. It's not poisoned!" However, the boy just continues to give him a blank stare. After about a minute of nothingness, the boy's stomach gave another low growl, but he still would not take the bowl from Zhanshi's hand. Seeing how stubborn the boy is, Zhanshi gave a quick sigh and scoops up a spoonful of soup and holds it up to the boy's mouth as he tells him, "Eat up. I will not let you die of hunger after all the hard work i had to go through to save you."

For the first time since he's met the boy till now, Zhanshi finally sees some sort of emotion in the boy's eyes. "Y...you saved me?!" the boy softly repeats back to himself. Sighing again, Zhanshi nods causing the boy to widen his eyes even more as he blurts out, "why?!...i'm just trash."

This time, the boy's words caused Zhanshi to widen his eyes and sit down on the bed across from the boy. After staring at the boy for awhile, Zhanshi uses his free hand to grab the boy's hand and place it around the bowl of soup and then tells the boy, "Eat....and you are not trash. You are a human being. Now eat."

Zhanshi's words, again caused the boy to widen his eyes, but contrary to the previous time, this time he slowly starts to eat the soup. Once he was done with the bowl, Zhanshi could see that he wanted some more, but for some reason he did not ask and just hands Zhanshi the bowl. Staring at the bowl, Zhanshi walks over to the marble table and scoops up more soup and then offers it to the boy again.

Upon seeing Zhanshi offer him more soup, the boy widen his eyes and timidly asks, "I..I..can have more?" Zhanshi gives him a smile, hands him the bowl and tells him, "You can eat till your heart's content." Zhanshi could see that the boy was skeptical of what he said so he quickly brought over the big container of soup and tells the boy, "I mean it. This is all yours."

Upon seeing that Zhanshi is truthful, the boy gives Zhanshi a look that seems as if Zhanshi had given him 10 tons of gold and quickly consumes the food.

---------------------------------

Once the boy finished eating, he looks at Zhanshi for a while, seeming to be thinking deeply about something. Once he was finished, he asks Zhanshi, "do you still want to know who sent me?"

As he grabs the empty container and bowl from the kid, Zhanshi nods his head. Upon seeing the nod, the kid turns away from Zhanshi and as he stares straight ahead, he tells Zhanshi, "I serve the Jin family, my current master is Shao. My mission is to dispose of Lord Yiban's son, Zhanshi."