33

Because of the stunt that he pulled, instead of going home with Zhanshi, Lui choose to stay in Shen's guest room to give Zhanshi a taste of his own medicine. So in the past couple of weeks, Zhanshi has been on his best behavior. In fact he was so good, that all of his soldiers became a little concerned as to whether everything was okay with him. Eventually, seeing how good he was being and how much he had apologized, Lui finally stopped ignoring him.

However, just as Zhanshi was enjoying his nice evening laying on Lui's lap (Something he had not been able to do for a while now), a servant interrupted their evening with a frantic knock on Zhanshi's door. As they open the door to the servant, before Zhanshi can even say anything, the servant quickly blurted out, "The Empress is having a severe stomach cramp and His highness request that Lui takes a look at it immediately."

Upon hearing what the servant had just announced, Lui flew out the door and dash towards Shen's wing.

When Lui arrived and checked Aixin's symptoms, he concluded that Aixin is going into labor and quickly ushered everyone out of the room except for Shen.

----------------------------------------------------------------

A week later

As Lui gently cradles Jin, once he saw that Jin had fallen asleep, he softly walks towards Aixin and Jun and lays the sleeping baby next to Jun and Aixin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In the past week, even though the babies' birth went smoothly, Aixin's body was still exhausted from it so he has not been able to fully attend to the babies yet and both Zhu An and Lui would help put the babies to sleep whenever Shen is not available.

At first a maid did bring up the idea of taking in a caregiver for the babies, but Aixin was adamant on taking care of his babies himself, and Shen did not like the idea of having a strange looking after their babies (given everything that they had gone through). That's why both Zhu An and Lui voluntary to help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As Lui takes one last look at the two adorable babies and Aixin, after covering Aixin with the warm covers, he quietly walks out of the room.

However, as he makes his way back to Zhanshi's pavilion, he spots Zhu An crouched down in front of the patch of gold flowers that he saw a few months back and walks over to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"What are you think about?" Lui asks

Since Zhu An wasn't expecting anybody behind him, Lui's words startle him and caused him to fall on his butt.

As he turns around and gives Lui a nervous smile, he softly tells him "I was just wondering if these flowers are real."

As Lui looks at the flower and back to Zhu An, he reached out his hand to Zhu An to help him get up and tells him, "They're real."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Zhu An was so surprised to hear what Lui said because he was sure that the flowers were made of pure gold and gold flowers do not exist. However, just as Zhu An was about to asks Lui to explain to him how it was possible, an extremely bright light flashed in front of him, almost blinding him.

After rubbing his eyes and squinting to adjust his eyes to the bright light, he begins to slowly see two figure appearing as the bright lights slowly fades.

Once the bright glow has completely vanished, after rubbing his eyes one more time, Zhu An sees that there are now two figures standing in front of Lui.

One of the figure appears to be a pretty boy in black clothing and the other figure is a girl with a fierce expression on her face.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As Zhu An stare nervously at the two figures and wonders who they are and what they want, he sees Lui pursed his lips and then carefully asks in a polite tone, "Guardians, may I asks what you are doing here?"

As the fierce looking girl look from Zhu An's timid form to Lui, Zhu An can see a displeased glare form on her face. The boy on the other hand still had on his indifferent expression and just tells Lui in a monotone voice "You have been summon by the great emperor and need to come with us immediately."

------------------------------------------------------------------

As Zhu An wonder if they work for Shen and tries to recall if he's ever seen them before, he sees a small, almost non-detectable frown form on Lui's face. Then as Lui slightly knit his eyebrows, Zhu An hears Lui asks the duo "May I ask why his great highness has summoned me?"

Upon hearing his question, as the boy continues to just give Lui an indifferent look, the girl hissed in a cold voice "Are you question his great highness' order?"

After letting out a small sigh, Lui shakes his head and gives a soft no, then turns to Zhu An and tells him, "Please tell the others that I have to take care of some business and that i'll be back as soon as it's done." As worried fill Zhu An's face and he was about to ask Lui how long he'll be gone for, before he can even voice one word, the blinding bright light appeared again and then Lui and the two people were gone.