28

When Yan An is about a meter away from Lui, with the same nonchalant expression on his face, Lui tells Yan An in a calm voice, "Let me go"

But Yan An just smirks at him and clicks his tongue and proceed to stalk closer to Lui. When Yan An is in arm's reach of Lui, as he reach out his hands to undo Lui's robe, he saw Lui's eyes change from it's light black to bright blue and before he even had the chance to widen his eyes at the beautiful sight, he and the three soldiers were sent flying through the tough metal door.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Usually Lui would not use his full strength on mortals because they will quickly die from the impact, but since he has spent the last few months around Zhanshi he forgot how strong he actually was and accidentally used his full strength on Yan An. Which in turn also affected the three soldiers and the cold dark room.

By the time Lui realize his mistake, he saw that the side of the 'strong torture' room that was facing him had been blown to tiny pieces and as the outside light shines into the now, three walled room, there are four large red puddles of pulp splatter on top of the tiny pieces of cement on the ground.

Sighing, Lui stands up and dusts off any small pieces of dust that may have landed on him and slowly makes his way back to Zhanshi's wing as a small crowd of servants and maids begin to gather around the destroyed room with curious and shock expressions.

-----------------------------------------------------------

When Lui finally reach Zhanshi's wing, he frowns at the sight of Xiao giggling as she talks to Zhanshi and slowly makes his way towards them.

When Zhanshi saw Lui approaching him, a bright smile cover his face and he ran over to Lui like a happy puppy and wrapped Lui in a hug, but quickly noticed that Lui's attention was not on him. With one arm still around Lui's waist, Zhanshi followed Lui's sight and landed on a shocked Xiao.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Zhanshi has known Xiao for a while, but Zhanshi had never seen Xiao made such a surprise and terrified expression before. It almost looks as if she was looking at the grim reaper himself.

As Zhanshi asks Xiao, "are you okay?" Lui gives a sigh, rolls his eyes, and then removes Zhanshi's hand off of his waist as he casually tells Xiao. "Do you want to choose which punishment you deserve or should I just kill you now?"

His statement caused Xiao to widen her eyes even more and unconsciously let slips, "how?"

Seeing as she won't choose a befitting punishment soon, Lui decides that he's not going to waste his time anymore and was about to kill her but Zhanshi stepped between Lui and Xiao and asks in a frightening and scary tone that's void of his usual self. "What happen?!"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Xiao has seen Zhanshi serious before (that time when he question her) but she has never seen this Zhanshi before. In fact it almost seems as if the person standing across from her was someone else who just looks like Zhanshi because the Zhanshi that she knew was always happy, cheerful, and kind. This person here was too terrifying to be Zhanshi. Just from the way he looked at her and the words he spoke made her shiver as if someone had poured a large bucket of icy cold water on her then tossed her into the cold winter winds.

Thus, due to her fear, Xiao unconsciously finds herself backing away from from Zhanshi. This only caused Zhanshi darken his gaze at her and again asks in the same cold tone, "what happen?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Once Xiao felt her back lightly touch a wall, she tried to scramble away from Zhanshi's threatening gaze but just as she turns to her left to run, Zhanshi slams his palm against the wall and glared at her as he asks her in a deadly tone, "Last chance. What happen?"

-----------------------------------------------------------

Swallowing her breath, Xiao stutters out, "I....I..I'm so...sorry." This only caused Zhanshi to darken his glare and as he was about to asks her to explain what she was sorry for, he hears Lui give a sigh and voice out, "She tried to kill me and then brought me to a trap. Now if you're done, please move out of the way so that I can dispose of her...I don't have all day."

Upon hearing Lui's comments, Zhanshi's turns towards Xiao and asks in a cold deadly voice, "is that true?" But Xiao just gives him big innocent teary eyes and keeps telling him, "I'm sorry...please...I'm sorry...please help me."

Shaking his head in disbelief Zhanshi narrows his eyes at Xiao and tells her through gritted teeth, "Because I once saw you as a little sister, I'll give you two choices. One, take your own life. Two, I decapitate you right here, right now. "

Upon hearing Zhanshi's words, Xiao could not believe her ears and momentarily forgot her fears and shout, "NO!!...You are supposed to care for us...How can you abandon us for that Jerk...This....hic...This is all your fault...If..If you had just care for us. None of this would have happen..sniff...so you can't do this to me...You can't."

Upon hearing her words and knowing her story, Zhanshi did feel a little bad for her and wonder if this was all his fault. But as he process that information, he saw a shiny glint in the corner of his eyes and saw Xiao jabbing a sharp knife towards his stomach.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Zhanshi move his hand to stop the blade, in the blink of an eye he felt a light breeze touch his face and when he turns back to look at Xiao he was greeted with just a red messy blop. Quickly turning his head around, for the first time since Zhanshi has met Lui till now, he saw extreme panic and concern cover Lui's face and rush towards Lui.

"Are you okay?" Zhanshi asks

Letting go of his breath, Lui glares darkly at Zhanshi and Zhanshi could see a small amount of liquid gather around Lui's eyes. But as quickly as he saw it, it vanish. As Zhanshi wonders if it was just his imagination, he felt Lui tightly grip his robe then after taking in a breath, Lui shouts, "You jerk! What were you think. Were you forgiving her after everything that she's done....Are you crazy! What is wrong with you!....She is evil. Why couldn't you just killed her..."

As Zhanshi give Lui is remorseful look and say, "I'm sor-"

Lui dropped his head on Zhanshi's shoulder and softly whispers, "You could have died." Zhanshi was about to correct him and tell him, 'Even Royal General's can't lay a scratch on me. A little girl would not have been able to hurt me', he felt light tears hit his shoulder and kept quiet as he gently wraps his arms around Lui and continues repeating, "I'm sorry".