49

Once Lui has cried himself to sleep in Zhanshi's arms, Zhanshi carefully carries Lui to the bedroom section and lays him on the soft bed. After he covers Lui with the comforter, he then goes into the bedroom, and wets a soft cloth with warm water, carries it back towards Lui and begins wiping away the streaks of tears on Lui's face.

As Zhanshi wipes away the tears and looks at Lui's face, he couldn't describe the feeling inside of him, but he could tell that his whole heart and being cared too much about this person in front of him to asks Lui more questions. Just the sight of this person crying, sent his heart into pieces and pain. It even made all the infuriation and anger he had felt before vanished the moment the person looked at him.

With that, as Zhanshi takes one last look at Lui's sleeping face, he lets out a quiet sigh and walks out of the room.

---

Since Zhanshi has decided that he was not going to question Lui anymore, the only person that he could talk to about Lui and his matter was Shen, so he headed back towards Shen's room.

As he again walks into the room without knocking, he sees that Shen was not in the sitting room and walked into the bedroom. When he enters the bedroom, he sees Shen laying comfortably on the bed. While Aixin rested the back of his head on top of Shen's chest with his body slightly angled to the right side of Shen and Jin in his lap. While Jun on the other hand lays snuggly to Shen's left, with his head rested on Shen's arm, as Aixin holds a small, shiny, and dangling chandelier-like toy between the two cooing babies.

The serenity and pure happiness in the atmosphere would make any person envious, and Zhanshi was no different. But, Zhanshi's feeling of longing did not last for long as he remembers Lui and the tiny life growing inside of him. That thought quickly change Zhanshi's envy to anticipation and caused a funny smile to bloom on his face, as scenes of Lui and their future children fill his imagination.

Shen however, quickly interrupted his blissful state by asking, "Did you find all the answers you wanted?"

The question effectively served as a cold splash of water and instantly reminded him of the realness of his situation. So after shaking his head, Zhanshi tells Shen, "I need to talk to you."

The serious and slightly somber tone that Zhanshi used surprised Aixin because he had never seen Zhanshi like this before, and became concerned, but knew better than to pry. So he quickly lifts himself off of Shen and reach for Jun, but Shen had already wrapped Jun carefully in his arms as he stood up and then proceed to gently take Jin too, as he tells Aixin with a warm, caring smile, "I will look after them."

Not knowing what Zhanshi really needed Shen for, Aixin did not want Jin and Jun to get in the way and told Shen that he will watch at least one of them, but Shen just gives him a kiss on the forehead and tells him, "Take this time to relax. I'll bring them back soon."

---

Shen walks into the sitting room with the two happily cooing babies in this arms and places them carefully on a soft, fur mat, and sits down next to them.

As Zhanshi watch the sight of Shen willingly seating himself on the ground and smiling in a somewhat doofus manner at the two, now, giggling infants, he was slightly shocked yet understanding of Shen's new and shocking behavior.

In fact, Zhanshi can picture himself pasting on an equally silly smile for his and Lui's baby. This thought made him very happy but, this was not his reason for seeing Shen, so he quickly shakes it from his mind and pastes on a serious smile as he says "Lui says the baby is mine."

"congratulations." Shen softly says to Zhanshi with a warm smile.

"But, he did not answer my questions... and I don't want to interrogate him, so I was hoping that you will be able to give me some answers." Zhanshi quickly adds with slight frown on his face.