14

Fast-Forward

After finding out who that person is, Lui headed back to the palace. As soon as he arrived, he immediately noticed that the atmosphere in the palace is different from when he was there. Everybody seems more tense, cautious, and alert. Their meek behaviors made Lui frown and conclude that the new Emperor is probably as bad, if not worse than the old one.

Aside from a few occasions that can be counted on one hand, Lui has mostly spent his time in the East Wing with Aixin. Thus, he wasn't really sure where exactly the Emperor's Wing is. After wandering around for some time, he finally finds the Emperor's wing. However, when he entered the wing, it looks abandoned. All the furniture are draped with black cloths and dusty and not even a single low maid is in the room.

Concluding that this can't possibly be the correct room, Lui discreetly leaves the room and again began his search.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

After an hour of listening in on people's conversations and following people around, Lui finally manages to locate the Emperor's wing.

The wing is definitely bigger than the Emperor wing that Lui previously visited and everything in it does seem more elegant and exotic. Furthermore, to Lui's surprise, aside from the gate guards, there were not a lot of guards, servants, and maids inside the wing even though it was supposedly an Emperor's wing. Thus, he became skeptical of whether this is really an Emperor's wing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As Lui cautiously checks all the large rooms, he finally finds the Emperor's bed room. Lui inconspicuously makes his way into the room and as he lightly moves towards the bedroom, he sees a large figure soundly asleep in the large comfortable bed and quietly walks towards it.

When he is right besides the figure, he sees that the figure has the blanket all the way up to his head. Frowning to himself, Lui slowly tries to gently pull the blanket away from the person. But as soon as his hand touches the blanket, a strong, firm hand grabs his hand and in one motion flips him onto the bed.

Lui was so surprised by what happen and just froze as the man towers over him and pins his hand above his head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"--Hm-- what do I have here...Did I just catch a sneaky little kitten...what should I do with you?" The figure says in a dark, humorless way with an emotionless smile.

As Lui continues to blankly look at the man, the man brought his free hand up to Lui's face and moves Lui's long black hair away from his face. As soon as the hair is parted and the man had a clear look at Lui's face, his dark smile immediately disappears and his eyes widen as he softly whispers, "....you!"

The man's soft whisper jolts Lui from his frozen state and he narrows his eyes and in a swift motion, sends the man flying with his soul force.

However, to Lui's surprise again, his soul force barely had any effect on the man. It was only able to push the man off of him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lui immediately pulls himself off of the soft bed and continues to look at the man suspiciously, because the man's soul is obviously human but somehow he was still able to easily withstand Lui's soul force.

Aside from that, Lui concluded that this strange man could not have been the father of Aixin's baby because he is human.

As Lui sighs to himself, he did not notice the man walking closer to him.