44

Next Morning

As Zhanshi peppers Lui's face with warm kisses, Lui groggily pulls his hands to cover his face and softly lets out a quiet, "mmmhmm..." as he tries to turn away from the kiss attack.

Zhanshi in turn smiles at him, tighten his arms around him, and softly whisper in his ear, "Kitten, it's time to get up. It's almost noon and you need to eat something."

However, due to the stress that Lui's had in the past days, Lui had not been able to get a good night's sleep for a very long time, so he did not want to get up now that he's actually sleepy and tried to turn away from the kisses. But, Zhanshi was persistent and continue to litter the side of his face and the back of his neck with kisses. So, Lui eventually open his eyes and tiredly stare/glare at Zhanshi.

Zhanshi found Lui's glare to be quite cute and peck his head one more time before gently picking him up and carring him towards the bathroom. Seeing as Lui is still a bit disoriented, with a pleasant smile still on his face, Zhanshi quickly begin to undo Lui's robe.

But before Zhanshi could slide the greyish robe off Lui, Lui caught his hands and asks "what are you doing?"

Seeing that Lui is fully awake now, Zhanshi lets out a regretful sigh and tells Lui "Kitten, I'm just helping you. I don't want you to hurt yourself. Let me help you clean up so we can both eat. I'm starving."

Lui tried to tell him that he's free to eat first if he wants to and that Lui does not need any help, but Zhanshi completely ignored his words and managed to unclothe Lui and climbed into the large bath with him.

---

As Lui finish his bath, just as he was about to get out, he feels Zhanshi snake his arms around his waist and pull his back towards Zhanshi.

With Zhanshi's head peering over Lui's left shoulder, a small bump on Lui's stomach caught his attention and his gaze zoom to it. As Zhanshi gently rubs the small bump on Lui's stomach, Lui immediately feels a burning blush burst on his face and quickly huddles his shoulders inwards as he stutters out, "s..stop".

But as Lui wiggles in Zhanshi's embrace, Zhanshi lets out a loud laugh and tells him "I think you look cute with a little meat on you." And then peck the side of Lui's brow as he lifts and carries Lui out of the large bath.

---

Once they are out of the bath, because of Lui's adamant request, Zhanshi was forced to let him get dress alone. While Lui fix on a light blue robe, he looks down at the little tiny bump on his stomach, frowns, and thinks to himself 'How did I gain weight when I barely eat anything.  ...Sigh. I must be too stress.'

As for Zhanshi, once he was finish dressing and actually thought about it, he finally realized that Lui has no clothes in his wing. So he quickly grabs one of his robe and rush over to Lui with a big smile on his face. But when he reached the bathroom, he sees that Lui was already dressed in a nicely fit, light blue robe and couldn't help but wonder to himself where Lui got the clothes from. But before the thought could fully crystallize and rise more questions, Lui spots Zhanshi staring at him and immediately blush. The sight of Lui pink cheeks and cute awkwardness caused Zhanshi to immediately forget his thoughts and quickly walks over to Lui with a teasing smile.

However, as Zhanshi curves his right arm around Lui's waist, Lui immediately smelt a faint sandalwood fragrance drifting from Zhanshi and abruptly pushed Zhanshi's hand away and rushed towards the sink.

The sudden movement surprised Zhanshi but he quickly recovered and walk towards Lui. But as he approaches the glossy marble sink, where Lui is currently hunch over gagging, he sees Lui quickly turn his head to glance at him, cringe, and then gag again.

Worried and confused, Zhanshi continue to walk up behind Lui and gently patted his back, but Lui quickly pushed him away as he tells him, "you stink." Before he goes back to gagging.

As Zhanshi stands a few feet away from Lui with an astonish/disbelieving look on his face, he quickly sniffs at his clothes but couldn't smell anything aside from sandalwood, which should not be stinky.

Nonetheless, since Zhanshi couldn't do anything, he ended up waiting for Lui to finish. However, as Zhanshi watch Lui rinse his mouth, he was reminded of Aixin and then his eyes wonder towards Lui's abdominal. As his eyes stay there for a minute, once Lui was done rinsing his mouth and turn towards Zhanshi, a cheeky smirk begins to stretch across Zhanshi's face.

Upon seeing the cheeky smirk, Lui gives a tired sigh and unconscious asks, "what" in a tired voice. Instead of answering him right away, with the cheeky smirk still on his face, Zhanshi cautiously walks towards Lui, crouch down, and then gently placed his right hand on Lui's abdominal as he asks Lui in a serious voice, "are you pregnant?"

---

After giving Lui's abdominal a few light pats, Zhanshi's lets out a joking laugh and looks up at Lui and tells him, "I'm just jok-". However, the sight of Lui's shocked, worried, paled face silent him and caused him to slightly widen his eyes in surprise.

As Zhanshi thought to himself, "is he really?!" and continues to stare at Lui's shocked face, a loud, pained scream jolts him and caused him to quickly turn towards the entrance of the room.

---

Since the scream was quickly followed by a few loud shouts, Zhanshi hastily stood up and walked quickly towards the entrance. When he opens the door, Zhanshi sees a group of two servants and one maid sobbing and kneel next to a wounded servant.

Frowning Zhanshi moves his gaze from the wounded servant towards the direction where the other two servants were silently glaring at and purses his lips at the sight of Royal General Ding and Royal General LongYi.

A/N: Comment & Vote, Thank you!