35

A few more days has past since Jing's visit and his threat, but all Lui could think about was Zhanshi. So as Lui sits in his room miserable and feels tears dripping from his already red eyes for the hundredth time, he thought about running back to the mortal realm just to tell everyone goodbye since there is no way to escape his fate, but as he thought about it more and Jing's threat. Lui is sure that Jing will find his action disrespectful and not only hurt him but everyone in the mortal realm. So he decided to not do it and just lock all his emotions in his heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A few more days has gone by and the wedding day is getting closer, but Lui could care less. Due to all the emotions that he is feeling and all the crying he has done, Lui now feels like he has become an empty shell. So when a Type A first class guardian came to retrieve him for the wedding robes fitting, Lui just emotionlessly followed without even giving the guardian a small nod or sound.

After they made their way into the large fitting room, a Type B goddess told them to go outside to the Goddess of Art's pavilion once Lui has on his robes. So they did. When they arrive, Lui saw that Jing is also there in his wedding robes with the top four Type A first class gods and goddess (3 guys and 1 girl). Lui gave him a polite bow, then proceed to emotionlessly watch as the Goddess of Art examines his robes.

---------------------------------------------------------------

While the Goddess of Art's pinch and tug on the robe, Lui drifts into his own thoughts again, something he finds himself doing a lot these days. As the goddess of Art focuses on Lui, Jing hears a sound echo quite near to them and quickly turns his attention towards the sound. Just as he was about to tell one of the three First class gods to find out what the noise is, he sees a severely wounded and bloody Type A first class General stumble into the clearing. Upon seeing Jing, the wounded general quickly tries to shouts, 'intruders hav...', but before he could finish Jing sees a tall figure swiftly and skillfully deliver a critical wound to his chest.

Once the general's bloody body hits the ground, the loud thump jolts Lui from his thoughts and his eyes quickly follow everyone else's gaze. Upon seeing the fallen Type A first class General, like all the gods and goddess present, except Jing of course, Lui's eyes widen in surprise and shock because Type A first class Generals are extremely powerful, that's why are allow to be so close to the Great Emperor and Empress.

As everyone continues to gaze at the fallen general with shock expressions, Jing sees the tall figure quickly scan everyone present and stops his search when his eyes lay on Lui. As Jing ignores the cheeky smirk on the tall figure's face and quickly glance at Lui through the corner of his eyes, he sees Lui's face light up and then quickly darken again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as Lui saw who the intruder is, Lui couldn't believe his eyes and a bright smile cross his face, but the realization of what will happen to Zhanshi quickly wiped that smile off of his face and replaced it with a forlorn, worried look. As Lui quickly rack his brain to think of how to save Zhanshi from his imminent death, before Lui can even blink, number 4 and 3 of the Type A First class god and goddess has already zoom towards Zhanshi with their weapons unsheathed and their soul force thrusted at full force.

Since both the god and goddess are the top of the top, when they released their soul force, Lui immediately feels his heart drop from his chest. However, to both Lui and everyone else's surprised, even though both celestial beings are strong and released all of their soul force, Zhanshi stood perfectly fine against it. He even managed to defeat the both of them and remain scratch free. This surprised everyone present, including Jing and made them all quickly re-examine if Zhanshi is really human. When they all confirm that he is full human, all the onlookers could not hold in their surprised anymore and quickly began whisper amongst themselves.